Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No Pain, No Gain!


Most of you know that I injured my back about 8 weeks ago. I've been to the Dr. twice and still have no diagnosis as to what the exact problem is. I'm hoping to see a Dr. back home just as soon as I have a chance.

Because I am leaving Germany to head back to Alabama for a while my Physical Therapy will be no more :-(. I am very sad about this. I have had 2 great therapist Simone and Christine. They've done some really good treatments that I'm sure I will not be getting in the states. They've alternated actual therapy with 1/2 hour massages every other visit.

Today and on Friday I have received/will receive some really intense therapy. Christine tells me in her very best English that i am "Tight from my head to my feet", meaning that there is just too much tension built up. She doesn't want me riding through the air in pain so she's going the extra mile (despite the pain) to make sure that I have some sort of relief between now and Sunday when we fly.

As you can tell from the picture of my back, the treatment I received just this morning was a bit harsh on my poor body. It was suction therapy. It hurt bad enough to make me cry, but the funny thing is it felt good at the same time. Clarke was with me and he couldn't understand why mommy had crocodile tears falling down her cheeks.

I wanted to go to the pool today but I'm afraid someone will think my husband is abusing me from all the bruises. The picture just doesn't do the actual bruises any justice. My entire upper back is the same color purple of my shirt.

We'll hope that this truly does make me feel some relief and that I feel even better after my appointment on Friday and my trip to the Franken Thereme (German Spa) on Friday with my wonderful hubby!! We'll be getting massages, Sauna treatments and Hay Stall (heat) treatments along with some time in the Salt Pools. I just can't wait.

post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

Oh my, what a bruise. I bet you are so sore, too. I hope you can find out exactly what is wrong when you come back to LA.

Bet you and hubby will enjoy the treatments! They sound wonderful! I am a big believer in heat therapy. We are building a sauna in our new house...which I can hardly wait to use!

Take care!
Tonja