Wednesday, October 14, 2009

One Whopped Momma!

My life is like a race car these days....it seems to be going round and round, round and round.

I have finally finished up my mid-terms and the 2nd part of the semester is beginning. I will be so glad when 2-8 of November gets here when I will complete my finals and have a short little break. These classes are KILLING me. I'm so thankful I didn't decide to take Biology AND Math at the same time. I'm an American living in Germany, taking a German class, as an elective, and desperately trying to pass with a B.

Clark was sick with a pretty yucky case of bronchitis the entire week after his birthday. This crud is going around here as I'm sure it is back in the USA as well. His Kindergarten is infested with the crud and I'm so worried we'll get it again sooner than later. The Dr. here has started him on Abuterol as a precaution for Seasonal Asthma because of some of the symptoms he was having during his sickness. The inhaler actually seemed to help him tremendously, especially in the evenings.

Wesley started back to work Full Time on Monday and let me tell you I enjoy having him home, but I enjoy being able to keep my house clean as well. I've been able to keep it picked up for the last 3 days with no difficulties. Clark again is a little confused because Wes is back to working longer hours. I think he's afraid that Daddy won't come home.

The Batallion Homecoming Ball is next Friday and I'm very excited about going. I can't wait for you guys to see the differences in the pictures from 2 years ago. Of course, you remember I am 37 pounds lighter than the ball in September of 2007. My German friend Jeanette's sisters Ute and Madeline will be coming from their home town about 1 hour away to keep Clark for the night. He loves them both and it gives him a chance to work on his German and them a chance to work on their English. Ute would really like to go to America after she completes High School this year as a Nanny(Opair?). Maybe I will send MckMamma an e-mail and let her know that Ute is available!!!

The weather has quickly changed for us here. Today it is around 40 and I'm freezing. I'm a year round flip flop wearer, but today I actually decided that it might just be too cold for this tradition. I'm not sure my feet have re-adjusted to Germany yet, after being in Alabama last winter/summer. The German's can tell who the CRAZY American's are in the winter....mainly because of our shoes. This winter I won't get that title I don't think. I even had to order more winter clothes and hopefully they will arrive soon. Of course, I had to get Clark some things as well :-).

There are a few changes that are taking place in our family, but you'll have to hold out for a little while longer before I reveal these changes. I promise you guys will be one of the first ones to know!! I'm going to try (no promises) not to stay away for so long again. I've got to learn that I NEED to make time for you fellow readers...Especially Mrs. T

So for now...It's nap time :-) Need to take a rest so I can get on a research paper and 1000 word essay this afternoon.

Tchuess!

post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

Yes, I am glad to hear from you! Sounds as if life is happening big time for you. And, I don't envy you being in school...bless you, my dear! I know sweet Clark is so happy to have his dad around more now!

It's been cool and rainy here, and then it gets steamy...you remember! Mrs Betty Swicord came over here last weekend for a baby shower. She said to tell you hello. Such a sweet lady.

It is sort of nice to be able to spend more time at home since I retired. But, I do miss the kids!

Take care, dear. I'll wait anxiously to hear your news!

Tonja