Thursday, March 11, 2010

Back to Reality

The last week and 1/2 have been rough for our family. Between BAD jet lag and the stomach virus we've been a bit backwards. We're finally back at it though!

We arrived back in Germany after a very uneventful flight on a C17 from Jackson, MS last Tuesday morning. When we got to the airport our ride had not yet arrived so we had a little time to relax before jumping in the car for the 2 hour treck back to our little town. I was very thankful for a little moment to sit with my feet up, as I had a lot of swelling in my little piggies. We finally made it home around 3 p.m. and we were all 3 worn out but were determined to stay up so we could go to bed at "bedtime" and not wake up at some ungodly hour of the morning. It worked...Kinda!!

Breezy had to go back to work at 5:30 a.m. Wednesday morning so we didn't have time to really de-lag. We just jumped right back into our somewhat of a normal schedule. Big Boy and I did sleep in on Wed and Thurs after staying up late and getting up before daylight. Breezy worked on Wed until 5 came home and was in bed by 7 p.m. THEN on Thursday night he had to pull "Staff-Duty" until 9:00 a.m. on Friday. My poor husband was really needing some rest and I could tell he was getting past worn out. Thankfully we had the weekend of NOTHING to try and get our bodies sorted out and back to normal....UNTIL the Intestinal Virus invaded Breezy's privacy. It was a yucky 3 days at our house. I'm thankful that Big Boy and I haven't contrapted it as of this morning!

Here's a look at how Pregnancy is treating me as of 30 weeks

Total Weight Gained/Lost – around 15 pds so far. hopefully 5-10 pds more will be it for me.

Maternity Clothes – I'm wearing maternity jeans when I have to and mostly my pre-pregnancy shirts, but my work out and jammie pants are a must the minute I walk in the door.

Sleep – What is that? For the last 2 1/2 weeks I've been getting very little sleep at night. Between a very active baby and just no way to get comfortable, sleep is something I just daydream about! I nap well on the couch during the day...sometimes

Best Moment of the Week – Getting all the hand me down's from Big Brother washed, folded and put away and realizing that we do NOT have to buy near as much as we thought we would. *Thank you Lord for always meeting our needs!"

Movement – Baby Breezy is very active most of the day with little cat naps in between. At 10 p.m. every night he really comes to life. I'm hoping this isn't the sign of a BAD schedule in the making. I'm pretty much all belly so this poor little fella really doesn't have much space. He's getting cramped and with every movement he makes my belly gets a little more sore.

Food Craving – I still LOVE salad and Spaghetti or Pizza.

Food aversions – chicken and pretty much anything that has a "smell."

Morning sickness – I never had morning sickness with Big Boy and I haven't had any with Baby Breezy either. I have had a horrible case of acid reflux that seems to set in each evening right after dinner. I've been through an entire bottle of Tums since we've been home. Big Boy thinks I just like eating candy with my meal each night.

Gender – A big/long Boy who's weight is estimated currently at 3 pds.

Labor Signs– Baby Breezy is head down and I have been having some pressure and contractions in my back.

Belly Button– It's almost gone.

What I miss– Being able to pick Big Boy up and hold him when he just "needs" his Mommy. Big Boy loves to sit in his Mommy's lap and this makes me sad that he can't like he used to. I desperately miss feeling like I can get something accomplished in my home without getting worn out.

Milestones– I'm so thankful that I have been able to carry our baby boy this far without any other complications. We had another ultrasound and everything finally looks like it should. We're tentaviely set to have the baby around the 2nd week of May, although I'm still trying to decide for a natural (with drugs) delivery/VBAC or a C-Section like before. We'll decide as we get a little closer. We also had the oppurtnity to listen to Baby Breezy's heartbeat for the first time last Friday. I thought I was at the Kentucky Derby!

I'm rambling again as always. I've got something in the works for "My Life as A Military Wife" so stay tuned! I'm off to shower and get ready to take my Hubby's Company some lunch!

post signature

No comments: