Tuesday, November 29, 2005

When Life Hands Your Lemons....

It's been forever since I last posted. Other than Auburn beating Alabama I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks. The entire week before Thanksgiving I was sick. Spent alot of time sleeping and watching t.v. in my big ole bed.To make things worse, Wesley was away with the Male Chorale and I was missing him terribly.

Then there was last week. I was actually off on Monday which was nice. I spent all day cleaning then went with Wesley to Firehouse Subs and the grocery store to fight all the other lunatics who waited until 3 days before Thanksgiving to do their grocery shopping. I did alot of baking during the week;I made 6 Pumpkin Cheesecakes, several pumpkin pies and a couple of pound cakes. They all turned out real nice, and I didnt recieve the first complaint. I had to work 9-6 on Tuesday and Wednesday which wasn't too bad because we weren't really all that busy. All the fam got into town on Wednesday night and of course it was just LOUD! When all the Clark's and Crim's get together it's like a stadium full of fans at a football game. Everyone does their very best to talk louder than the others. It's annoying and sometimes causes drama.

Thursday was real nice and of course as always made me realize that I have oh so much to be thankful for. The food was fabulous. I actually made the sweet potato cassarole, and believe it or not they were good for my first time. Let's just say I ate so much food that when I laid down in the bed that night I could't sleep because I was miserably full.

I was disappointed on Friday and Saturday that I wasn't able to do any shopping. I guess I'll just have to buy all of my Christmas presents this year at full price. I'm sure with my nerves I was better off just working at the Bridal Shoppe and keeping it on the DL!

Friday night I did go over to the shop for a huge bon-fire and cook out with the Hughes' and Gilmores. All the Clark's that were staying here with us went and that is something that dosen't usually happen. Hopefully we can make it a habit to do more things together.

We'll I'm outta here. My actual point of posting was to say "Happy Belated Turkey Day" and that I am thankful you are my friend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you have been sick lately. But glad to know that you have the ability to cook, which suprises me. (just kidding. haha) I love and miss you clark! ><>Beth