Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy 4th of July, A Few Days Late

Happy 4th of July yall! I'm sorry that I'm a few days late, but good gracious I have been busy. Wesley was home for a few days so things we're a little hectic. We had 100 places to be and just not enough days to be at them all. We had a great time together and are looking forward to him returning back to good ole Dothan on the 28th of the month. 22 days and a wake up he reminded me today! I was thinking yesterday about what the 4th has meant to me over the years, and you know what, i'm sorry to say that it was really just another party for me to attend. I never realized what the day really was all about. This year is different for me though, and it all began as I have watched my husband become transferred into a solider serving in the United States Armed Forces. I have something to be proud of. I am married to a man who has unselfishly given up practically everything to serve his country, knowing that he could be deployed at any moment. He knows that there are dangers and consequences, we both do, but we know that he has been called to serve in "Such a Time as This." You don't find alot of men like my husband, who are willing to count the cost and just go. I realized that Freedom isn't free anymore, and neither is our liberty unless we do the good deed of sharing it with others. We take our freedom for granted so often and do not even realize that we are doing so. After saying all of that my point is, it's not just a big party anymore, but an oppurtunity to say "Thank You" not only to my husband, but to all of those soldiers who have given there all so that I may know freedom. I love and miss you Wesley! You make me proud. Keep up your hard work! On another note, we went to the doctor on Monday. Wesley got to see the baby via ultrasound for the 1st time. He was so cute when he saw his little man wiggiling around on the screen. It's becoming more real to the both of us everyday that we are going to be parents in less than 3 months. We are very excitied, and are looking forward to little Clark's arrival. Best Friend is getting married in 3 weeks and a few days. I can't believe that the time has flown by this quickly. I am so excitied for her. Everything is going to be beautiful, and is going to be more than she could ever imagine. She's marrying her best friend, her soul mate with whom she was destined to be with, and I could ask for anything better than that for her. Good Luck Buddy! Well it's only 10:00 p.m. but the pregnant woman must go to bed. Sleep is a must or else the devil roams about all day long! More to come sooner than later!