Thursday, July 17, 2008

Update!

So friends, I have fallen behind yet again. I've been home from Gainesville for 2 weeks now and I have failed to update. Good excuse though, my parents have dial up and it takes to dang long to do anything on the internet. I get on, check the e-mails, get on Yahoo Messenger to see if the Hubs or the Besties are on and then its off to chasing the toddler all over again.

Clarke, my dad and I sent the hubs off from the Atlanta Airport on the 5th of July. I truly believe that it was one of the hardest days of my life. I felt like I was loosing something so precious to me as I watched himwalk away. He made it back to Germany where Crash and her hubs picked him up from the airport. Thanks Guys.

Since the hubs has been gone it's been non-stop for Clarke and I. We've visited with alot of friends, ran lots of errands and even visited the doctors office twice for me and once for him. I'm having some surgery (no details) on 7-17-08 so we've been doing alot to get prepared for being home-bound for atleast a week...or less I hope. I enrolled at Enterprise State Jr. College, registered for Fall classes and we are in the process of getting Clarke enrolled at the CDC on Ft. Rucker. We attended church on Sunday at Ridgecrest, but I think a change is in the near future for our family. I think being busy has made the seperation from the hubs some what easier.

Hubs hasn't left to go play war yet, but I feel like our day is coming all too soon. In order to protect the privacy of our family and his Batallion I will not mention locations, times or dates. OPSEC...have you ever heard of it? I will only give updates on how hubs is doing himself. Please pray for our family as we face this time of seperation. Clarke is already facing some seperation anxiety and confusion. He's asking for Daddy and the only answers he understands is that he's gone to work or gone bye bye. I've got photo's of Clarke and his Daddy all over the place. Each night before we go to sleep, Clarke gets his favorite one (both in Florida Gator gear) and we read the Lord's Prayer story,
I pray for Clarke and Daddy and then Clarke gives Daddy's picture lovies and then we put him to bed. It's such a sweet thing. I am going to try to video it so you guys can see.

I am sorry, but this must be a short update. It's midnight now and I've got a toddler who hit the sack at 7:30 p.m. He'll be up at daylight.I promise, I promise, I promise, just as soon as I get a little free time I am going to upload some photos.

Pray with me at 4 p.m. tommorrow PLEASE. I'm nervous as ever.


*P.S. Mrs. Tonja i'm back :-)*

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad for the update. I miss you so much Megan. I hope things go well for your surgery, and after the guys leave and I have some extra time i will definitely be giving you a call to catch up. Love!!!

Tonja said...

Well Megan, it is great to hear from you! I wondered what was going on with you. Glad all is well. Except you mentioned surgery. I hope it is nothing serious. I guess I did not realize that you would be staying around these parts for a while. I assumed you were going back to Germany. I know it was so hard for you to see hubby off. We will just have to be extra prayerful as he is gone. I know it is going to be difficult for Clarke to understand it all. But, kids do adjust so well, it seems...especially when they are surrounded by lots of love. And, I am sure he is not lacking in that!
I'll be checking in more often now, call me if you need anything!
Tonja