Monday, February 21, 2011

A Little Piece of Home > Papa's Chicken and Dumplin's

More food, more food...Yes, I'm gonna blog about more food!
(yes I left the "g" out of dumplings on purpose)


*Picture courtesy of Food Network*
(since I failed to take a photo of mine...they looked similar though!)

For weeks I have been craving homemade Chicken and Dumplin's so on Wednesday of last week I called my Papa and asked him for the run down. This task, that I thought would be so difficult turned out to be a synch. Let me tell you, 2 bowls later and a phone call back to my Papa on Friday, I am proud to say my Dumplings were FANTASTIC and tasted just like Papa's do! Let me tell you how I did it.....

Papa's Chicken and Dumplin's

Step 1:
Cover with water and boil together in a large pot;
1 Pack (8-10 pcs) Chicken Thighs
2-4 Stalks of Celery (Washed and diced)
1 Onion
Salt and Pepper
Step 2:
Remove Chicken from Stock, allow to cool, de-bone.
Step 3:
Add the following to your pot of Stock and bring to a low boil
1 Can Cream of Mushroom
1 Can Cream of Celery
1 Can Cream of Chicken
Step 4:
Return Chicken to pot of "Creamy Stock" and bring to a rolling boil
Step 5:
Take 4 cans regular refrigerator biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 smaller pieces.
Add 1/2 of biscuits to "Creamy Stock" and allow to simmer for 20 minutes with the lid on the pot. (Do not take the lid off). Biscuits will rise to top and become very fluffy.
Step 6:
Serve up your bowls and allow to cool!
Add the remaining 1/2 of biscuits to your "Creamy Stock", replace lid and allow to simmer while you enjoy your 1st bowl. This portion should be ready in time for 2nds or for leftovers...which by the way these are excellent the very next day.

1 comment:

Far said...

Of course you left the g out on purpose. Dumpling is a misspelling. :-)