Tuesday, January 31, 2012

11 Days Down 341 to Go

The last eleven days have been very eventful.

I have come to blogger the last 2 nights and have been unable to gather all of my thoughts together. I have a mixed bundle of thoughts that probably only make 1/2 sense.

Prior to this journey beginning, I had my mind set. I was READY for this, although I said a number of times that I wasn't. I could do it, even in my weakness. I have an amazing support system and I'm NOT going to do this alone. Here I am....I'm doing it!

As I was typing my last post on the 20th my precious friend Sandie came running into the fellowship hall of the church with a bleeding Brudder in her arms. He had been playing with the big boys upstairs in childcare (during Coffee Tunes) and tripped over someone's foot. He hit a wooden box (that had sharp edges but has been fixed) and gashed his poor noggin open. 5 hours and 3 stitches later we finally made it home. 2 a.m. is a time i've not seen in a long time. I left church with no pacifier, no lovie, no sippy, no diaper bag, no nothing. So for not having any of his favorite comfort items, Brudder was such a trooper. Please remind me to never go to the hospital in downtown Colorado Springs ALONE that late at night.

Big Boy is really having a hard time with his Papi being away at work. It seems as though he cries each morning and each evening. Not always directly about "missing Papi" but about something so small, like me walking him into school (when he has walked himself in since the 2nd week of school). He has always seemed to be a mama's boy (and in my eyes he always will be), but with Breezy having so much time off before Christmas and prior to this journey, he and his Papi had gotten super close. He'd choose Papi over mama any-day. I LOVE IT! Since Breezy has been gone Big Boy has taken over the role of "Man of the House" and he's so darn cute. He gets to sit in the "Man Chair" at dinner, he gets to sleep on the "Mans" side of the bed when he gets 5 green marks at school and best yet he makes "Man" poopie just like his Papi!

We've been able to chat on Yahoo! and Skype almost everyday but because of the 12 1/2 hour time difference the boys haven't had a chance to talk/see Papi. On Sunday before church we finally had a chance for the boys to Skype with Breezy and it made all the difference in the world. Big Boy was so proud that he could type the words "I luv u dad" on the computer. We're not counting down the days but Big Boy knows that Papi will be coming home for a fun vacation before he goes to 1st grade.

As for me, I have a lot of irons in the fire, but if you know me, you know that it's pretty normal. Classes have begun and I am going to throughly enjoy them all. My favorite will be my Exceptional Child class that I am actually taking on campus. I'm still working, but ONLY 20 hours a week unless I absolutely have to work more. I am leading a Young Ladies bible study on Thursday mornings with some precious, sweet souls from FBC and teaching a worship dance/ballet class on Thursday evenings. On top of all of that Big Boy is going to Karate 2 days a week and Brudder is doing Mommy and Me Gymnastics 1 day a week. Life goes on my friends, Life goes on!

The last 5 days have been miserable though. Many of you will remember that I had to have a hysterectomy in 2010. Since then my body has not been the same. I have been to the Dr. 4 times since we moved here to express concerns only to leave with no answers each time. I have been to the ER 3 times in the last 3 months with "flare ups" that I thought and Drs. confirmed was the repetitive cysts' on my left ovary. Well..I finally put my foot down on Sunday. I wanted answers, not pain meds. There is no way that a 2 cm. cyst was causing me this much pain and pressure in my entire stomach and my bottom (that feels like contractions and/or having a baby). I left with no answers. I returned to the GYN clinic @ 7:30 on Monday morning for a walk-in appt. for the Dr. to tell me that my intestines do not look normal and that indeed my ovary is enlarged and the cyst is about the same size. She sent me for another ultrasound (which I never had b/c they were too busy to work me in), and put me on birth control to regulate the cysts. I left with a referral to the Gastro Dr. I finally received a call this morning @ 7 a.m. only to find out that I am being sent to the AF Academy b/c Ft. Carson is booked and still can not be seen until the 23rd of Feb. Frustrated,yes! This flare up has been the longest yet and also the most intense.

I am so thankful for 3 special people who God have put in our path; (there are many more)

Julia, our wonderful Nanny and like a little sister to me. My boys absolutely love her and I wouldn't trade her for the world. She's JuJu to Brudder and she spoils him rotten...he's got her wrapped too! She's helped me through the last 3 flare ups and I am so thankful that she was with me on Sunday when this flare up knocked me, literally, to my knees in the church nursery. She was with us Sunday afternoon until Monday night. I am so thankful that she just let me sleep most of the day on Monday once I returned home from the hospital. Tomorrow is her 20th Birthday! Happy Birthday JuJu!

Mrs. Marti, our sweet adopted Grandmother. Again, our boys love Marti and her husband Joe. Big Boy has become wonderful buddies with Ethan, their grandson, and has picked up on him calling her Nana. Brudder calls her Nonny. She walks into the room and he just goes right into her arms. She and Joe took the boys for about 18 hours prior to this journey and allowed Breezy and I a night away. Just this past Saturday she took Big Boy and Ethan to the movies and allowed me a few hours to get housework done and cook a few meals for the week. She's such a wonderful encouragement and has made it so evident to our family that she willing to walk alongside of us until our soldier has returned home.

Lastly dear Mrs. Catherine. Catherine sat with me for 5 1/2 hours on Sunday at the Emergency Room. She shared her life with me as a military wife and she wanted to hear about my life as well. I was insistent that I could go alone to the ER but she was insistent that I wasn't. Her precious husband Bob (whom we almost lost in April) came and picked us up and took us home after everything was said and done. She's called to check in 3 or 4 times a day and today she and Bob showed up with enough groceries for a week or more so that I didn't have to worry about it on my day off. What a thoughtful family they are. They came and visited with the boys and it was so sweet. Brudder just sat in her lap and read books and when he was done he decided he was going to be Bob's boy.

It really makes my heart burst to know that so many people are supporting us and praying for us during this time. I was worried. I had almost decided to go home but people like these 3 and many others really allowed me the opportunity to change my mind.

I'm out for now! I need to get to bed and see what tomorrow will bring.

Love and Grace

No comments: