Saturday, July 28, 2012

Here Comes the Rain

You know they say after the storm comes the rain.

Last night I poured myself out over the scriptures and in words and in prayer and man it felt good.

I wrote a blog that took several hours. It felt good to get it all out. I worried I would offend someone. God reminded me...It was my heart.

I worried my husband when he read it this morning.

I explained myself as best I could. Thankfully he understood.

I think God was preparing me for today. In all of its craziness. He knew I needed to be refreshed.

I woke up at 9:15 a.m. in a complete tizzy. Why had I slept so long and where were my children. Not in bed. I found them both on the couch, watching toonies and eating ice-pops. I wonder how long they had been up and why they had not woken me up. I guess they knew mom needed a small break. They were safe and sound and I guess that's all that really matters.

I worked at the church from 11 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. tonight. I cleaned and organized until 4 and then I worked as part of a team providing respite care to families of children with disabilities and their siblings. It  wears me out but it is so rewarding to be there and to give the parents a break. Big Boy made a new friend at BreakTime. A 6 year old little fella who is considered high functioning Autistic. He and Big Boy hit it off right away. Big Boy not once asked why his new friend was different.They played Legos and Superheros and just did boy things for hours. Made my heart so happy. We will be seeing our new friend soon for a play date. I am so thankful that my Big Boy has learned so young to love others just the way they are. Proud Momma!

I got news today that the wife of one of my best friends has asked for a divorce after only 6 months of marriage. My friend loves her wife with her whole heart but her wife doesn't feel the same...I guess. It's a LONG story. My heart is just broken. I am not close enough to hold her hand and walk her through and that bothers me. I asked her to come stay a while with the boys and I and sooooo...... she is flying here for about 3 weeks to let things cool off and figure out what the next steps will be. I of course will pray her thru the best I can but I am also going to try to get some other things in place for her. Being with her "nephews" will be the greatest distraction of all we are sure. AND...she'll get to be here for Big Boys first day of 1st Grade.

Now I am home. Whooped puppy. Having a WONDERFUL conversation with an old high school buddy about our boys. Such a blessing. I'm headed to rest soon.

Goodnight Moon!

No comments: