Wednesday, July 20, 2005

She's My Best Friend


You see that cute little gal over in the picture in orange. That would be Lindsay Tidwell aka "Best Friend". The other gal in black is our very very very great friend Shea-Shea! I have been blessed with the most amazing best friend in the world. It's been rough for us this summer because of the distance between us. She's in Miami, Florida working with the Florida Baptist Convention doing childrens work and vbs's, and I am here in good ole Dothan,Alabama going to school (HI 212 with John Shaffett) and working at the bridal shoppe. We did not have the oppurtunity to say goodbye before she left for Miami because I was already in West Africa, and I think that has made this whole time harder for me. I get to talk to her atleast once a day, if I am lucky two, but that is just not good enough for me. I want her to come home NOW! BEST FRIEND COME HOME RIGHT NOW!AND I MEAN IT Last night at midnight, I just needed to talk to her about what God was doing in my life and the struggles I am facing so I picked up the phone and gave her a ring. Although it was 1 a.m. her time, despite the fact that she was already asleep, we ended up talking for quiet some time. Come to find out God is really working in both of our lives in alot of the same area's, which absolutely blesses me. It helps me to know that I am not going through things alone. Who better to go through things with than your very best friend. My biggest problem right now is my need to be in control over every situation I am faced with. I want to fix everything myself, I want to take care of every detail myself, I want everything done right the first time, I just want it done my way and no other. I posted yesterday about the situations that are currently at hand, as I explained them each to Best Friend last night and her response to each was, "You've got to give up your control and allow the Lord to take care of it." Alright, I get it. As hard as I may try, I am not going to get my way, and I can not do it all on my own. I know I should remembemeber Phillipians 4:13 "I can do all things THRU CHRIST who gives me strength." Thats right WITH Christ, not just Megan alone. It amazes me that Best Friend can be so straight forward with me and believe it or not I do not get mad. If any other person were as blunt as Best Friend, my fist and their face would have a serious meeting and the outcome would not be a good one. She and I are different in so many ways, but in the same sense we see in one another the other. I'm just an ordinary gal from Dothan, Alabama and she's just an ordinary gal from Panama City, Florida who in the beginning didn't care for each other and in the end ended up being best friend. Did I mention I married the guy she was at one time crushin on? It's all good though. I am tremendously blessed by my best friend in so many ways. I count it a privelege that she calls me friend also. The realness she brings into my life is amazing, there is nothing within her that she has to hide from anyone. The joy that she has is so contagious (if you catch her on the right day).Her desire to fall more in love with the Lord grows stronger and stronger every day, and that encourages me more than she can ever imagine. All in all...I could not ask for more. I love you Best Friend!

Holla Back-
Meg

1 comment:

Odysseus said...

I think your friend is doing a worth cause in West Africa, that will change her life for ever. She will discover how blessed she is, and that we don't need all the material things to be happy. She will see true family love, and selfless friendship. But also she will see poverty, illiteracy, and misery.
Please check out my blog.
Thanks.