Thursday, July 21, 2005

All In a Days Work!

There are just not enough hours in the day. Of course I get up around 6 a.m. or so, head out at 7:15 a.m., go to school, run errands, work and return home at around 6:30 p.m. or later. Last night I thought I was going to just drive myself nuts. I was to the point of pulling my hair out. I had washed ALL (2 overflowing baskets) of the dirty clothes during the weekend and in the midst of my laziness I had not folded any of them. The overflowing baskets in my bedroom were in the way and making our room look like a disaster. I had to get rid of them. When I finally finished folding clothes an hour later and putting them away, I ended up ironing Wesley's khaki pants and dress shirts, refolding all the clothes in the drawers, cleaning up the closet and rearranging the bedroom a little bit. By this time it was 10:00 and I was wooped. I never got around to haning up the other clothes, vacuuming and dusting the bedroom, cleaning our bathroom, or doing the dishes. I really felt unproductive when I sat back and observed what I had accomplished. It seems like there is just so much to do and not enough time to do it in. My friend Amy and I were talking yesterday about how when you get married time is cut practically in half, and I totally agree with her. I want to be a good wife, but if that means getting all of these things done, well I'm falling short. I must admit though, my husband is the best. I can leave him a little "Honey-Do List" in the mornings before I leave, and you can beat when I get home in the evenings everything has been done. I desire to be like the Proverbs 31 woman, but heck at the rate I am going I can't keep up with her.

Running like a Crazy Woman-
Meg

No comments: