Monday, October 24, 2005

Here Ya Go....

I know on several occassions I have mentioned that Wesley and I have been in the process of making some very difficult, yet responsiblie decisions that will greatly affect our future as a married couple. The time has come and I can finally tell you what that decisions is, Wesley is now a soldier in the United States Army! I am very proud of my boy! It's been a long drawn out process but when Wesley left on Friday to go to MEPS, there was a peace that came over me that was absolutely amazing. He has enlisted, been assigned the job of Attack Helicopter Repair (working on Appaches and Black Hawks), and been sworn in. It's a done deal, no turning back now. On January 18, 2006 I will take Wesley to the Dothan Recruiting office and drop him off, he will then be gone for a long 25 weeks. He will go to Ft. Jackson, South Carolina for 9 weeks of Basic Training. All of the Brezina's, myself and Best Friend will all head up the first week of March for his graduation. Then over to Ft. Eustis, Virginia for 16 weeks and 4 days of AIT's. I will again head up during spring break to see him.

Indeed, I will miss Wesley more than I believe either of us know as of now, but I know that because of our willingness to say Yes to the Father we will be blessed. This is not something that we just thought of on our own. Wesley at the age of 14 felt the call to full time ministry through Military Service, but back in August the Father reaffirmed that this is where he has called Wesley to serve.

I must go now, but I will bring more to you later on! Just wanted to let you in on the buzz!!!!

Meg

No comments: