Saturday, February 21, 2009

Down in the Swamp

Hi friends!

Clark and I made it safely down to the Swamp to spend the weekend with the Birthday Girl, Breezy's mom. Our trip was very easy this time. Clark watched a movie and slept. I made one stop in Tally to quiet a screaming toddler who was fighting his sleep tooth and nail, then we were high sailing from there! We left around 9:30 a.m. and arrived around 1:30 p.m. which means I made very good time despite all the Police on the road. When we arrived Clark was thrilled to give his MeMa a new floral arrangement we had made and to see his Papa in his big chair!

Last evening my sister in law came over with 3 of her 4 children, Steph 18, Chris, 12 and Logan 1.5. Clark and Logan enjoy playing together and it is really alot of fun to watch them and to listen to their excitiment. MeMa was letting the boys ride their tricycles in the house, round and round. She said "You have to pick your battles" (Clark and Logan are the 7th and 8th grandchildren), my SIL piped in and said "No Mom, after 4 children and 9 Grands you're worn out"! I got a good laugh. I love spending time with my neices and nephews and am thankful that I have gotten this oppurtunity to spend so much time with them.

Dinner was also EXCELLENT. My MIL and I are both doing/maintaining Weight Watchers so she had prepared to feed me good but RIGHT. We had marinated/grilled pork chops, stewed squash with onions and white acre peas YUM-O!!!! I knew I had saved all my points for dinner for some reason :-)

Ok so this is a "Not Me Monday" kinda ordeal, even though it didn't happen on a Monday. On Thursday I dropped Clark off at the Preschool and then ran over to the Clinic to see about getting some new Birth Control because the new ones that I had started were making me nuts....literally NUTS. The nurse comes in, I explain the situation and she says that I must go to the Lab and take a Pregnancy test...Now my friends, I continue to explain to her "the ONLY way I can be pregnant is if it is the Virgin Birth all over again". She still need more of an explanation so I proceed...My Husband is in the Sand Box Mam' I'm NOT pregnant. She then says, "Are you sure"..YES I AM SURE. I finally just gave in and said "OK give me the cup and I'll go pee in it." Around 4 p.m. that afternoon she called and said "I was just calling to let you know that your test came back negative." I wanted to say to her I TOLD YOU SO, but I refrained and said thank you is my new prescription ready to be picked up!!!!

Next on my list of No, Not Me's....On Wednesday I did NOT find my son trying to hide his poopie pants from me. Clark told me he wanted to go PeePee by himself, so I told him to go ahead, I would be there in a minute to help. I waited and then went in to find him Pull Up Off, and cleaning poop off his legs. He knew that if I found poopie in his pants that I would be upset and even better he wouldn't get a potty prize. He was trying to hide it. He had even dumped the poopie from his pull up into the toilet and was getting ready to flush it down. CAUGHT YA!!!

Breezy is back at his base now after 5 days of rest/studying away. I missed not talking to him Via the Web-Cam but I LOVED hearing his voice on the other end of the phone line. Clark enjoys talking to his Daddy too! I just love hearing him tell Breezy "I Love You Daddy"!!!! Breezy is heading to the promotion board on the 25th so if you have the time between now and then say a little prayer for him PLEASE!!!

We'll I'm off to get ready to spend the day with the Birthday Girl (Manicure and Lunch) and to take my lovely niece to look for a prom dress!!!

post signature

No comments: