Monday, February 16, 2009

My Life As A Military Wife: Loving My Soldier More


Hello Faithful Friends.....

It's been 15 days since I last posted but man oh man have I been one busy woman. Not only have I been busy, but I've been trying to hold myself together. The first 16 days of February have been kinda difficult with Breezy being gone.

Clark and I helped Breezy celebrate his birthday via the Web-Cam on the 4th of this month. I know this sounds silly but I love making a big deal about my boys birthdays. It was very disappointing to me that I couldn't prepare Breezy's meal of choice for dinner or prepare a birthday cake or dessert with Clark especially for his Daddy. Birthday days are an all day ordeal at our house starting early in the morning. Next year we'll have a Birthday Week at our house just to make up for what Breezy missed this year.

School is making me crazy. Thankfully 2 of the 4 classes that I am taking are self-paced so I have been working on them a little here and there but enjoying them the most! My LAST math class and my Computer Information Systems classes are full force and require doing some sort of assignment everyday. They are not open to the oppurtunity of working ahead of the calendar which really stinks. I'll make it though I promise!!!

Everything is going well at the Kelly School of Dance and with TAPS, Inc. We are now 8 weeks away from the recital and believe it or not I am counting down. I have throughly enjoyed teaching this year and I will desperately miss teaching next year, but I honestly believe that there is a Season for everything. I think the Lord allowed me this "Season" to keep me busy and my mind free of worry during the hours that I am in the studio. I am prayerfully considering the possibility of taking TAPS, Inc. with me when I go back to Germany. I would LOVE to be able to offer Tap Dance to other children who have Special Needs, not to just those here in the Wiregrass. (Look for a Post Later this week in Regards to how you can support TAPS, Inc.)

I started WeightWatchers online 2 weeks ago and the progress has been good. Now, I am not by any means overweight but I just never lost all my baby weight from when I had Clark 2 years ago. Prior to WW I had already lost around 26 pounds on my own( since arriving in Alabama last July), but I still feel like I need to loose anothe 20 or so. In the last 2 weeks I have lost around 7 1/2 pounds. Following the diet has not been hard at all, and the activity portion is definately not a problem for me since I am in the studio around 10 hours a week. I'm looking to be able to wear a NEW swimsuit when Breezy comes home for his R&R later in the summer. I promised him when he left that I'd be half the woman he left!! I'm getting closer to my desired goal :-).

We are still potty training. We've got the peepee'ing down to a science. I set the timer every 30 minutes and we get on the potty...lots of potty prizes for this little boy! BUT, trying to get this little man to Poopie on the toilet is becoming a chore. He's only gone once and I think that's because I caught him mid-push and sat him on the toilet. Clark is a hider when he does the big buisness. He's so sneaky. We have tried several times to catch him in the act and get him on the toilet and he just tells you "not yet". We'll get there though in time. Hopefully before his daddy comes home and we head off on vacation!!!

Clark has discovered that he has a vocabulary now that exceeds his 2 year old mind. Early last week he was chasing one of our sweet puppies around the kitchen so my mom gave him a little pop on the behind, he turned around with the ugliest look on his face and said "Gammy, why'd you do dat?" and repeated himself 3 times before stating, you hut my hiney." Granted she did not pop him hard at all, but atleast it got his attention. Next, I was trying to tell him he had Abs on his belly and he looked at my 13 year old cousin and said "Whats the Craps". That translates into whats the abs, or atleast I hope so? Late last night we were trying to get him to "Pull up your britches" and he comes back with "Gammy I not pull up my "bit**es". Oh dear, we must get his letters going in the right order.

Now on the the title behind this blog....I must first say that there is long drawn out story that goes back to July of 2008 but that I do not feel that I should share it on the web. Regardless, since July of 2008 I have been discovering a new love for my husband that I never knew existed. His time in the sandbox has been one of the most profound times in our marriage. As I spent this Valentine's alone (well not alone but without my Big Valentine) I took the time to ponder all the good things that the Lord has done in our marriage during this time of seperation. Friends, our marriage is far from perfect, but I can honestly say that our marriage has developed a new strength for being held together on the bases that Christ has set before us in scripture.
A card would simply not do for Breezy during this "Season", there was not one that was meant for being millions of miles apart (Remember I had this delimia at Christmas too) . I simply took the time to write him a VERY long love letter and put down on paper all the things that the Lord has been revealing to me this month. Let me share just a few things with you;

1. Breezy is the most unselfish person I have serioulsy ever met (if unselfish is even a real word)
2. His love for Clark and I is faithful and pure
3. Loves me despite my flaws and imperfections
4. Loves me for the woman that I am, and desires to help me become the woman I want to be.
5. Serves his Family, and allows me to serve him and Clark
6. My desires are his desires, His desires are my desires...we desire what is best for us together as a family and pray that the Lord would know those desires.
7. Some give MOST Breezy gives ALL

That's just a few, the letter consisted of a few others as well. I am very thankful that I have been given a husband that was created just for me. They say opposites attract and that my friends would be Breezy and I. Our opposites have thankfully created a unity that is undeniably a thread that can not be broken. We are holding strong to each blessing that the Lord chooses for us and are thankful that HE has chosen to work in our lives individually and in our marriage to one another.

Lastly....I booked our plane tickets back to Germany for July! We'll be going home then to prepare for Breezy's Homecoming!

post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

great to catch up on all your news. Can't believe you'll be going back soon.