Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My Life As A Military Wife: Playing the Waiting Game


Well as you can tell from the title "My Life As A Military Life" is back.
I'm hoping that in the weeks that come I'll have some other great things to blog about in regards to my life as SPC. Breezy's wife.

The day that we've waited 10 months for is SLOWLY approaching. Sometime this weekend our Rest and Relaxation time together as a family will finally begin. Breezy is due to fly out at the end of the week and his arrival here in Dothan is to follow a few days later. Thanks to the U.S. Army we will have to wait to know for sure if and when these events will actually occur.

Up until this month I really thought that the days were passing by with flying colors. It seems like May has been much, much longer. The days are definately getting longer and time is creeping around the clock in slow motion. My husband is the most patient person you will ever meet and waiting dosen't seem to bother him one bit, but me, i'm the most impatient person you'll ever meet. I hate to be left waiting for anything. I live on a schedule. I like to plan everything down to the minute and when things don't go like my head says they should I get all out of wach. Being an Army wife has helped this some but at the same time it has made me absolutely nuts. Don't ever say to me "Just Be Patient" thats pretty much the same as cursing at me...I Don't Wanna Be Patient, until I'm ready (well except with my Breezy and Breezy Baby) and well right now isn't the time. Anyways..I'm done with that spill.

Sometimes the "Hurry Up and Wait Game" really gets the best of me. They want our Soldiers to get things done in a hurry, but in the long run there is normally plenty of time left to play with. For instance, they tell us to have our soliders at the hangar by 11 a.m. to depart for a field training excersise, well maybe by 4 p.m. the soldiers are getting on the bus, and maybe by 5 p.m. they're pulling off post. Drives me nuts.

You know the country song "Waiting on A Woman"? That's what I feel like when it comes to being an Army Wife. The Army can take it's precious time, and I'll learn not to mind as time goes on.
"she'll take her time but I don't mind
Waitin' on a woman."


I've been doing things a little along to pass the days away. Clark and I have done some shopping for Daddy (and for us too). He of course needed some new clothes to wear while he was here with us,and we needed to get a couple of things for ourselves too. Yes Girls, I do pick out majority of my hubby's clothing and most of the time tell him when and how to wear it. I'm pretty flexible though, I do usually try pick out the things that I know he like best. He loves to shop at Tilly's at Peir Park and at Pac Sun, but I like to shop at American Eagle, Old Navy and of course at the MAXX....I do compromise from time to time though. Isn't that what a good wife would do?

We're looking forward to some good times together while Breezy is home. We're going to spend most of our time in Florida in some SunShine I hope. Looking forward to some good rest, good food, and good memories made.




post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

Oh, I am so excited for you! Here's hoping all the rain is gone by the time he gets here, and you all can enjoy the sun and sand.

May time fly by till he arrives!