Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Behold, Behold, I Stand at the door and Knock, Knock, Knock

Me: And who might be knocking?
Person/Thing at My Door: Oh....It's just me Mr. Flu
Me: We'll you are not welcome in my home
Mr. Flu: Well, I'm comin' in anyways. Like it or not!

despite not wanting to answer, Mr. Flu has just barged right in and I have had the flu not once but twice in less than 2 weeks. The first round hit Turkey Day evening and lasted for 4 days. This time it hit me on Saturday night and hit FULL FORCE within about 12 hours. I went to the clinic yesterday because I just couldn't stand the sore throat anymore and on top of the flu I also have strep. I hate those yucky throat swabs and giving a nice sample of my blood, but thankfully b/c I was a willing participant I was given some Penicillin that has made me feel somewhat better today.

I have told Wes over and over again in the last 2 weeks that the last 7 weeks of my life have been pure he**. Between 2 hospital stays, 5 weeks of bed rest, the flu twice, and just being outright homesick, I'm ready for a break. My friends keep reminding me that I MUST rest and find my perseverance and strength in my Lord. I;m doing my very best...Promise!

Friends, its in times like this when I become so weary that I totally begin to question my own faith. I know that the nasty/ugly things I am feeling are not those of those of the ONE who Cherish me, but of the one who despises the great things that are also happening in the midst of what seems like a disaster to me. I know that God brought my family to Germany for a reason 3 1/2 years ago. I know that we extended to stay here for another year for a reason. I know that I was blessed with the REC Position at our chapel for a reason within 1 week of returning. I know that this sweet little boy growing inside of my belly and the pregnancy complications are no surprise to my Lord. More importantly, I know that this worn out, ready to call it quits feeling is NOT ok. I can feel that I am being refreshed slowly but surely and finding that as always my Lord wants ALL of me even the minute pieces that I don't think are important enough to lay at his feet.


Leaning on the Everlasting Arms
What a fellowship, what a joy divine,
leaning on the everlasting arms;
what a blessedness, what a peace is mine,
leaning on the everlasting arms.

Refrain:
Leaning, leaning,
safe and secure from all alarms;
leaning, leaning,
leaning on the everlasting arms.

O how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way,
leaning on the everlasting arms;
O how bright the path grows from day to day,
leaning on the everlasting arms.
(Refrain)

What have I to dread, what have I to fear,
leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near,
leaning on the everlasting arms.
(Refrain)

My Boys!
Just a little sneak peek at our Christmas Photos :-)

1 comment:

Tonja said...

I am so sorry, my dear. How awful it has been for you lately. You have every right to feel the way you do. Our physical bodies can just drag down our mental self as well!
Now, you rest. that means that any shopping that needs to be done, is done by hubby...or not at all. Bring in food that can be popped in the microwave. Have easy snacks for Clarke to eat. So what if you wear and sleep and wear again the same clothes. Bathe when you get ready. Let your body tell you what it wants to do...and LISTEN!
That little boy will be fine...that big boy will be fine...and you will be fine.