Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Scattered......But Relaxed

Hi Friends!
Breezy, Clark and I have been in the Alps since Monday and are enjoying some much needed and deserved R & R. Believe it or not, its 11:30 a.m. and I'm sitting here freshly showered and back in my jammies. We rented an apartment with an amazing view in a quaint little town in the middle of nowhere. It's just what we needed and will plan to come back next year with our family of 4 :-) to celebrate Christmas UNLESS we are finally settled in our new home back in the US of A.

Speaking of family of 4, today I am proud to say that today I have made it to 19 weeks. I have been free of bleeding or any other complications for nearly 3 weeks. I had an appointment last week and the Dr. was thrilled to see me. He said he had missed our weekly/daily visits with one another. My blood pressure is still running a little low but with a little nap midday I seem to be shoveling along! We were pretty positive that the baby was a boy but the little boy part seem to either be hidden or we're having a little girl. We'll see at our next appointment in the New Year.

I've actually had time to just sit and read, something I never get to do but thoroughly enjoy. I started this book while I was in the hospital back in November but have not had a moment to sit and read anymore since then. I have been blessed beyond measures from reading the words of Marilynn Blackaby. If you are a "home maker" like I am then you too will be blessed by this reading. I'm not sure if you can get it at L*f*Way but I know its available from several sites on the web. We're looking forward to a couple of single soldiers joining us tomorrow to celebrate the Christmas. They were unable to return home to the families so we've invited them to join us here in the Alps. They will be a lot of fun to have here especially on Christmas Day. We've been telling Clark that we're having a birthday party for Jesus so he insisted we make Him a Chocolate Cake.

I'll be back in a day or two with photos I hope. Vacation Day #3 and I have yet to take any photos. I'll be better I promise!

1 comment:

Tonja said...

I'm so happy to hear from you and know that you are well! Sounds as if you are in a wonderful place for the holidays!
I wish you and yours the very best that life has to offer! Hope 2010 is full of wonderful surprises!
Merry Christmas!