Friday, May 02, 2008

My Heart is Broken

Friends,
I am asking for your prayers tonight. I met a young lady in the clinic today, 23 years old. She and her husband have 2 and 3 year old boys. Her husband had just informed her that he wants a divorce and she discovered this week that she is pregnant again. Her husband is currently in AIT in the states and she is here visiting her parents who are retired Army.

I was waiting in line to speak to the Tricare Rep. and she was standing along side of me. She began to tell me a little about herself. She proceeded to tell me that she was pregnant and that there was no way that she could "keep the kid". I asked her if she was sure. She told me that her husband had up and joined the army and that she was pretty sure that he had another lady friend else were. I really just wanted to cry. I didn't know what to say to her so I began to pray. The Lord said, "Just be still and Listen". She continued on to tell me that she did not agree with Abortions, but right now she had no other choice. My first response wanted to be..we'll there is adoption, but I kept silent. Clark began to get fussy so I decided that standing in the line was not for me. I was about to walk away and I was compelled to say to her, "Mrs, I can't say I know where you have been, but please know that I am going to be praying on your behalf that everything works out for the best."

Friends, I know that there is a time and a place for everything, including abortion but why do we even have to make that choice? I believe that God doesn't give us anymore than we can handle, despite the fact that sometimes it seems that he has. What is the determining factor in saying when an abortion is "right" or "wrong" I praise God everyday that Nate and Tricia went against Dr.s orders when they found out they were pregnant with Gwyneth. Look at the miracle that they have created for God's Glory!

I wanna know how you, my friends and family feel about this issue. Are you as strongly opposed to it as I am? I'm off my rocker a little tonight, so please bear with me.

post signature

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey Megan! I've been meaning to tell you this for forever but it was really good to see you at Mindy's shower! Maybe the next time I'm back in Dothan you'll be there again, too! I found the link to your blog in Mindy's comments and I've loved reading about your life as an Army wife and watching your little boy grow up!