Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yeah, Yeah I'm Getting Behind

Clark's dinner Friday night....
His first Mini Hamburger, Fried Squash (which he LOVED) and fried potatoes

you can find a pot of Boiled Peanuts at our house just about every weekend!

Uncle Tim trying to teach Clarke how to count.
He did get ZERO!!!

To make my allergies worse my cousin and I took the kids to the Pumpkin Patch at Aplin Farms and to the Sunflower field...They had a blast, but what was I thinking. I paid for it on Sunday,

Isn't my baby beautiful in a field of Wild Flowers?


I apologize for going so long between blogs. Clark and I have a rough few days. I started getting a cold early last week and progressively got worse as the weekend went along. I am almost positive that I either have the Crupe or Bronchitis. I tried to just relax this weekend, but you'll see that this isn't possible at my house.

Clark and I started off our weekend on Friday. We slept in (ie, stayed in bed just snuggling past 8 a.m.), had breakfast, snuggled on the couch and watched toony's, had a snack, had lunch, and took a 3 1/2 hour nap together. After my mom got home at 3 I went back to sleep for another 2 hours. Dinner at 6, bath at 8 and Clark and I were in bed by 9 p.m.

Saturday was one of the hardest days of my entire life. I woke up having one of those days, wishing I could just pretend that things never ended the way they did. At 10 a.m. I walked through the doors of Covenant United Methodist church with my cousin on one side of me and my friend Carly on the other. We were there to say goodbye to April Elaine Kirby-Phillips one of the greatest friends we've ever had. Our friend Kelli joined us a little later and we all 4 walked back into the Sanctuary and for once in over 13 years we were a circle of 5. We decided that we all felt complete despite the circumstances. Please continue to pray for April's parents, her siblings and lastly her children Grayson and Riley.

In the afternoon we went out to Aplin's and enjoyed just spending time together. I felt worse as the day went on but I hung in there for little man. We had a great time and I know that it's a trip worth making again next year. If you have children you should take a trip out to the farm. It's well worth the time. Check out Aplin Farms website for more info.

We skipped church on Sunday and spent the day cleaning and then sleeping for a very long time.
It was much needed rest.

Today is Tuesday, Clark now has the crud that I've had. I'm taking him to the pediatrician again tommorrow. We were just there last week for our Well-Baby. We've not slept in 2 nights and we're both missing the Hubs like crazy. Since I didnt get ANYTHING accomplished last week that needed to be done I going to attempt again tommorrow and Friday...Like getting my test done. Pray I pass!

I must go. its 10:41 Clark is still awake and keeps running in and out of my parents bedroom because he wants to sleep with Bobo. Too bad their beds not big enough for 3 people. i'd say yes in a minute and sleep the night away like a baby!

Goodnight Sleep Tight Dont Let the Bed Bugs Bite!



post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

Wow! you are having a rough go of it, aren't you? Well, that is just life, I guess...sometimes full of joy, sometimes sorrow. But, we would never truly appreciate the good if we didn't live through the bad and the hard.

I am sure you will miss your friend. What a trajedy. How blessed that your circle of friends could all be together to bid her good bye.

Take care of yourself, sweet girl. Rest when you can. Love that little boy...he was so cute in the sunflowers! I am praying for you.