Tuesday, December 23, 2008

If You Have a Moment


Prayers:
for the Family of Garret and Traci Grubbs. Baby Gabe was born only a few short weeks ago very prematurely and was called home to be with his Jesus this past weekend. You can check out their story at CaringBridge: Traci Grubbs
Garret was the youth pastor at Ridgecrest Baptist in Dothan my Sr. year of high school and Traci was my mentor for 2 1/2 years. Their family holds a very special place in my heart.



My monster made it through Surgery well today. We arrived right on time at 0715 and we were home by 1100. Thank goodness. The Lord was looking after me and Clark today.I decided that I thought I could go alone. I'm a big girl right? We walked into Dothan Surgery Center and the first person we see is Mr. Bobby (my dear friend Kat's husband) , he is a Scrub Tech, BUT he went in with Clarke when they were putting him to sleep and rubbed his belly until he knew he was sleeping good. Then there was Mrs. Hannah. She was the nurse who was in the room with Mommy on the day that Clark was born. She was with us all day 9-28-06. Clark was one of the last babies she delieverd ay SEAMC before she moved to DSC. She took Clarke back to the OR today and was with him along with Mrs. Carmen (who was my nurse when I had my surgery in July and I teach her girl at the KSD) when he woke up from Sleepyland. Dr. Lindman was great. He told me that on a scale from 1 (being best) to 100 (being worst) Clark's adenoids were a 100 plus. He said Clark should experience almost instant relief in his poor little ears. Clark's ears are still infected even after day 13 antibiotics, but we will continue for another 7 days and hope for complete healing. He's not doing so well tonight. He's got poofy eyes, a runny nose and a low grade temp that even Motrin/Tylenol isnt touching. Hopeful for sleep tonight and yearning for a great day tommorrow!

Last but not least, I do have a praise. I mentioned a few months back that one of my dearest childhood friends had been murdered in Texas...HER KILLER IS NOW BEHIND BARS. I don't really know anything besides he was 17 Years Old. I'm just thankful that he is no longer on the streets.

Our plans for the next few days really depend on how Clark feels. Tommorrow we will have breakfast with friends of the family and then we'll spend the day recovering. Around 6:30ish the rest of the family will come by to open up gifts. I can't wait. Santa will come for a visit just as soon as Clarke gets into bed.

So for tonight...and maybe the next few days.. Merry Christmas and Happy Birthhday Baby Jesus!



post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

So glad they found the killer! How sad...for everyone involved.

Glad Clarke did so well! He'll be a new boy!

Have a blessed Christmas!

Tonja