Friday, January 30, 2009

Wonder We're I've Been?

Intro to Competition Class in Mobile for their 1st Competition EVER. These baby's received a Silver award (2nd Place) and 1st Place over all in their Age Division. I was one happy tap teacher. Aren't they precious?

My Intro To Competition Class (again) Performed at the Southern Cross Pro Bull Ride last Saturday night and they showed the Crowd what it looks like when "Baby's Got Her Blue Jeans On"

Clark sitting on the potty with enough lip gloss on to hurt someone.
Instead of stickers or junk he'd rather have a little, or a lot of lip gloss on his lips for his potty prize. By the way...He's Doing VERY good!!!

Grammy got a new Pet Hair Eraser Vacuum for her birthday. It required a screw driver to be put together. I used my Gerber tool kit and Clark tried to help with "Turner" his screwdriver from his Handy Manny Tool Box. Well much to our surprise "Turner" somehow ended up later in the hose of the vacuum. I cleaned all the fans in the house on Monday, went to empty out the mess and found NOTHING. I knew there had to be something because I know I had vacuumed up a lot. Well, the above is what I found. 45 minutes later we were unclogged and back to vacuuming again.
*I just keep reminding myself that Clark's daddy would be so proud of his little handy man"

Introducing:
Cash Dean Buckley
*January 23,2009 * 8 lbs 5 oz * 21.5 in*
Welcomed by Chris and Kaci Buckley
This is the newest addition to our family. I am so grateful that I was able to be at the hospital bright and early on Friday morning (7 a.m.) for the birth of little Cash. Kaci had a c-section but was in and out of the OR in less than 40 minutes thanks to Dr. Flash Gordon!!! Daddy, Mommy and Baby are all home and doing very well.
Clark loves Baby Cesh :-)

I was/am sooo excitied that Cash finally
decided to make his grandest appearance.


In other news:

My mom spent last week in Maryland with my Grandparents. When I visited in August with my Mom, my Grandfather sorta knew who I was. He knew that I was a part of the family, but more importantly he remembered that the hubs is a Soldier in the U.S. Army. He knew my mom and he loved Clark which made my heart sing songs of joy! During this visit it was very evident to my Mother that my Grand has progressed quickly from the beginning stages of Alzheimers and moving downhill quickly. Luckily he's still doing most things for himself, eating pretty good, but his mind is elsewhere. He really didn't know how my mom was this time, but like me he knew she was a part of his family and that her name started with a C. I am hoping to go to Maryland again in March with Clark before I head back to Germany.

I'll tell you a little story she shared with me about Grand for those of you who might need a good laugh, even though it's really more sad than funny. We're trying to find humor in it though.
Because Grand couldn't remember mom's name he told her to write her First and Last name on a Sticky Note and put it on the lamp shade next to his chair so that ever time he saw it he could look at it and maybe remember her name. Well my friends my mom looked a little later and say that he was putting the Sticky Note in the waist band of his sweat pants. Mom said she asked him what he was doing and he said he needed closer to him so he could remember. Mom said, she told him "Whatever Works Daddy!"
If you Look VERY carefully you can see the
Light Yellow Stick Note in His Waist Band.


Next, MY DADDY spent this past Monday in Atlanta having some testing done. 10 Years ago my Daddy had open heart surgery at Emory University/Crawford Long hospital and was asked to be part of a Study they were conducting. It was such a blessing that he was in such an amazing place when his illness began and to this day we are very thankful for Dr. Puscas and his team and for the Nurses who cared for him during is 4 week stay.
In December we recieved a call from Dr. Puscas and was asked to come back to the hospital for very intense testing to see how Dad's body has held up since the operation. FREE OF CHARGE!!! My dad recived, an MRI of the Arteries in his heart, CatScan, PetScan, FULL blood work up, 2 1/2 hours of Neurological Testing and a couple of other little things that I am not sure of. Most of the results came back pretty good. We've not recieved the notes from the Neurological Testing, but we did find out that the Front part of Daddy's heart is no longer working/dead. Luckly the back part of the heart is where most of the work is done. We should be recieving all of the reports from all of the procedures to be taken back to Daddy's Dr. here in Dothan.

* Potty training is going well, much better than I expected. Clark's only pee'd on the furniture and the floor a few times!
* The Dance Recital is in 9 weeks. (Mrs. Tonja and Darby several of your students/little friends are my students!)
* School is going very well. My classes are going to be easy to manage and I should be able to make exceptionally good grades!
* Wesley will be home in 14 weeks for his Vacation.



post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

So good to hear from you! Wow! you are full of info today. All seems to be going well for you...I'm so happy about that!
Take care!