Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Life As A Military Wife: Our Life Begins Again...Together

Friends-
I'm sorry i've been away for sometime but our family has been "reintegrating" army style. Breezy arrived home safe last Friday in the early afternoon and since then we have been non-stop. He has had to work 7 days straight and we are thankful that as of today he is off for the next 4. I have sent him away this morning to play some golf with his friends. Shh...I just needed him out of the house so I could get some things done (laundry, vacuum, dust, mop).

There as been a lot of things going on that has taken some getting used to again.
1. Clark absolutely adores his Daddy and wants to be wherever he is, but Daddy is so used to being alone so often that it has become a little bit overwhelming at times. We're doing our best to give Wes his little bit of "alone" time so that this doesn't begin to take an emotional toll on him.

2.I've gone from sleeping alone, in the middle of the bed, till 9 or 10 a.m. (YES Clark sleeps that late too) TO having my bed partner back, sleeping on my side of the bed and getting up most mornings by 6:30. Talk about a change in pace for ME. I've needed a nap everyday!

3. Laundry for Clark and I has been so simple over the last 13 months...2 Loads and we're done. Daddy came home and today I will be doing around 9 loads of laundry. We've got our regular laundry PLUS all of the Uniforms, PT's, etc. that he brought back that smell like inscents. YUCKY! Laundry is a stress reliever for me because I can go down to the basement for a little alone time, but man oh man more than 3 loads and it becomes a chore.

4. Cooking for a family of 3 instead of myself and Clark. I was eating so good before Wes came home, now we're eating lots of carbs. That will change though as soon as this Post Deployment Hunger runs away though :-). Dinner time, it's just one of those things I love most about being a family and that is sitting down together at the end of the day to enjoy a hot meal together to unwind and spend just a little bit of time together before bed. Thankful for a table to gather around!

Well for now thats about it. I have more laundry calling my name from the basement and a 3 year old who is reorganizing the newly organized DVD shelf. His Daddy might not be happy if he comes home and they aren't in their designated slot.

Love to you all from our HOME!

1 comment:

Tonja said...

Glad Hubby is home and things are moving in more of a family direction! I know he is glad to be back! Can you imagine the laundry I had with 4 men in my house? Sounds as if you are handling everything well. Enjoy your sweet time together!

Big hugs and good wishes!