Saturday, August 08, 2009

And The Count Down Has Begun.....


Hey Yall!


Miss. April our 2nd favorite solider, one of my dearest friends and Clark's amazing babysitter is only HOURS now from arriving home with the first group of soliders from this long, drawn out deployment. She is in port now waiting for her flight back here. We've got our Welcome Home Miss April sign in the car, our clothes ironed, the house cleaned and stocked with tons of food...We're ready to go pick her up. Miss April is a single solider, but we've GLADLY welcomed her into our home as part of our family.

(This is Miss April during her R&R back in Germany with Clark's favorite little friend Noah)

Breezy still has to make it to port and will come home to us later this week, but we're not sure when as of yet. We are beyond excitied for his homecoming. Can you hear the excitment? Clark and I have been busy making posters and decorating our stairwell, cleaning, working in our little yard and getting Daddy a Basket made with all of his favorite things. We've only been able to speak with Breezy every few days because he's so busy getting things ready to hand over to the Batallion that will replace our Batallion. He's still working long hours and getting very little sleep so being home in a matter of days will be soo good for him AND for Clark and I.
Even more exciting news, I am pleased to announce that I was called to serve as the Religious Education Coordinator for our chapel here in Germany. It is only a one year position then I will have to go through the entire process again. I'm not sure we'll be here any longer than a year so it works out perfectly. I am so excitied about the opputunity to serve our chapel family. I will ALSO be doing a lot of work with the Children's Ministry as well and that gets me sooo excitied. I'm ready to see what plans the Lord has in store for me and where he is going to move this ministry too.
It's time to get the laundry started. One LARG cup of joe and some Thomas the Train and I'm ready to start my day....sorta.
Homecoming photos to come SOONER than SOON...I hope :-)

Megan

No comments: