Friday, August 26, 2005

The Measure of a Man

Just in case you've been wondering why I haven't written in a few days, I'm here to explain. I asked you to pray for Grandaddy Gilmore on Tuesday. Well shortly after I posted my thoughts and request I recieved a phone call from my very shaken father that Gradaddy had gone on to be with the Lord. I was beyond emotions. I wasn't shocked. I knew that it was coming, but honestly I didnt think that the battle would end this soon. It was time though. Grandaddy just couldn't fight the fight anymore. I've spent alot of time this week with the Gilmore Family and with my family trying to sort things out and just remembering the legacy that was left behind for us to cherish. You see, Grandaddy Gilmore, really isn't my true Grandfather. I must say that I have never known him as anything but a Grandfather. He has been a father to my father and truly lavished upon him the love he lavished on his own children. He's gone now, but the love I have for him will continue on.

I'm curious to know how you do you know the Measure of a Man? What things should we look at? We'll from now on when I want to know the Measure of a Man, I will just look to the character of my Grandaddy Gilmore. Do you look directly at the character, or do you look at the heart, their strength's, their weaknesses, their determination and dedication? Let me hear you!

I need some answers!
Megan

No comments: