Monday, August 22, 2005

Pass the Prayer Please.....

School only started last week and I am already beyond the word busy. Yesterday I took some time just for myself and it was nice. Wesley and I slept in, which we never ever do. I know we should have been at church, but I really needed some rest. I was in and out of bed until around 3:00 p.m. I finally got up and decided to go visit my Uncle Tim's father at the hospital. I was just about to leave when my cousin called and said that they had released "Grandaddy" from the hospital with Covenant Hospice and they were back at home. I was releaved at this, because I HATE hospitals. When I got over to the Gilmore's house I met the unexpected. I have known that Grandaddy has been sick, but when I walked in the room in which his hospital bed was in, I saw something I never thought I would have to look at. This man, probably 6'5 or taller and always wearing a smile, was sitting on the bed with his grandsons's supporting him, frail, weak, gasping for breath and quiet confused. He knew me though and that surprised everyone. I gave him a hug and a kiss on the check and he smiled that smile that he used to always wear. I only stayed in the room with him for a little while. My emotions were getting the best of me and I knew that I had to be the strong one for the boys and for Grandaddy. Anyways, I want to make a long story short and ask you to please pray for Harold Gilmore in these last days of his life. Pray that he won't just give up this battle that he is fighting. He's a strong man, many have referred to him as the energizer bunny. He just keeps going on and going. Keep in mind he's 90 years old and until 5 months ago was doing everything on his own. Driving, cutting grass, building fences, tending to the farm, etc. I love this man as if he was my own Grandfather and man oh man will my family just be devestated when he goes on to be with our Lord. It will indeed be a happy day don't get me wrong. No more suffering and no more pain, but to us we won't have a Grandaddy Gilmore anymore.

Megan

No comments: