Thursday, August 14, 2008

Its Eating Us Alive

Friends,

I spent yesterday morning in the ER at Flowers Hospital with my precious little fella. The hives and what looked like blisters on his behind and all I was told was that he had an allergic reaction to something. What that something was we still do not know. He hadn't had anything different to eat or drink during the day. I can't even imagine what it was. Poor guy had my parents and I up from 12-2, 4-6 and I was at the ER by 7. He was screaming non-stop. My daddy was the only one of the 3 of us that could calm him down. He would just cry "BoBo, BoBo hold pezz"I bathed him at 8 and there were no problems, so he reacted to whatever it was in a short amount of time. Needless to say I was a nervous wreck yesterday for most of the day. Clarke is doing much better today. We're not perfect yet but we're making progress. By Saturday or Sunday we should be as good as new!

I recieved more bad news today. I mentioned a few days ago that my Aunt had been diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time. Well, early this morning we recieved the news that my Uncle, her husband has been diagonsed with Prostate Cancer. He seems very positive about the entire situation. He knows he will be taking radiation and some pills. Tommorrow he will be going in for a bone scan and some other test to find out the intensity of the cancer and to determine whether surgery and chemo will be necessary.

A VERY VERY VERY dear friend of Wesley and I and his new bride of only about 5 months are in desperate need of our prayers. I'm sure that it's only a season of their marriage, but they are under the attack of the enemy. I spent about 3 hours total today talking with the 2 of them and will be meeting with the bride on Monday to talk more. The outcome will be positive I am hopeful. I feel so helpless, but I know that all I can do is pray and ask the Father to guide me in HIS wisdom in sharing with them both. I see His hand in the situation already, and know that He's already got everything under control.

Went back to the Dr. today and my blood pressure was still high...YUCKY! I don't have to take any meds for it yet, he'll check me again in a month and then a month after that to see if I'm making progress. I did however loose 3 pounds which is a good start for me. About 22 more to go and I'll be at my target weight. Dr. Zacks did put me on some new medicine to help me recover quicker from my surgery. I'm healing really good but we don't need any set backs. A 2nd surgery is not an option for me, I don't have the time nor the energy to deal with it.

The hubs is doing swell. He's just worn out. I've had the oppurtunity to speak with him via the internet almost every day for the last 2 weeks which has been just great. Tommorrow he is planning to call after we get home from Clarke's first trip to Gymnastics. I can't wait to hear his voice on the other end of the line. It's become one of my most favorite things. Also something I look forward to with great anticipation each week.

I'm pooped so I'm headed to bed! Sweet Dream my dear friends!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww poor baby boy! Glad to know hes doing better. You both are in my prayers! love you meg!

Tonja said...

sometimes all you know is that he was allergic to something...not necessarily what it is.
just be sure to keep some Benydrl with you, so you can give it at the first sign if it happens again.

Be sure his preschool teacher knows, too.

Sorry, dear...I sound like a mother, don't I? It's the mother and the nurse coming out in me!