Sunday, August 10, 2008

Kids Can Say the Cutest Things

Like I told you yesterday, I'm in Maryland visiting with my mom's side of the family. My cousin Mandy has driven up from North Carolina with her 3 children to visit with us as well. All of her children are just beautiful and each have a personality of their own.

Well Tristan is 7 and you NEVER know what is going to come out of his mouth from one minute to the next. We were sitting on the porch Thursday evening when I proceeded to ask him "How old are you now, 8?" his response was "NO, Where have you been? On Crack?". MY BAD!!!!! His mom immediately jumped the gun and scolded him because it was an inappropriate statement for a 7 year old to be making. I laughed and laughed and laughed until I was almost crying.

To make this trip even better, let me just tell you what my beautiful baby boy said today. I was on the phone with my Papa and Clarke decided he wanted to talk. I put the phone on speaker. Clarke jabbered for a few minutes and then I heard my Papa say "Bye Buddy, BoBo loves you" Clark responded with "Bobo, lobe you". That's the very first time he's ever told anyone he loved them (whether he knows what he's saying or not). Now, we've got to work on his telling his Daddy that he loves him and then maybe his Momma too :-). Made my heart feel so good to hear him say those simple little words I've waited so long to hear.

Well, its time to shower. Its 1230 and for the 3rd day in a row I'm still in my jammies at lunch time. Yes, I've bathed every day and dressed but just not before 2 or 3. Thats what Vacation is for right?

Lots of Love from Maryland

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh Megan, where have you been? On Crack??? Geez!

Tonja said...

So glad you are getting to visit with friends and family. That's what it's all about. Nothing is as fun as a group of girls at the beach..no matter their ages! Clarke is growing...I know he s a joy. Enjoy your visiting, and be safe.

Tonja