Saturday, August 09, 2008

Busy As A Bee

So the hubby has been gone for about a month now and I have done my very best to stay as busy as I possibly can. I can't tell you that it's all been easy because I would be telling you a lie, but it hasn't been as hard as I once expected it would be. Days will pass and they will each bring with them a new face. Some may be bright and sunny and some may be the dumps, but I know that my faith, my wonderful husband, my beautiful baby boy and my family will carry me through them all.

So like I said I've been pretty busy. I'm adding just a few photos from my beach trip with the girls last weekend for you guys to FINALLY see We had an amazingly good time. I actually have 172 photos on my camera. I'm also adding some photos from the trip I am currently on!

I am in Maryland visiting with my Grandparents, and my 2 Aunts. So far things have been going pretty good. Clarke has played his heart out with my cousin Mandy's daughter. Her name is Meadow but for some reason we all call her Peanut. She is just a little doll baby and only 6 weeks younger than Clark.
My Grandfather has recently been diagnosed with a very progressive form of Alzheimers Disease. He didn't know who I was when I went over to see him on Thursday, but he remembers my Solider Boy. He seems to remember anything about his days in the Navy and anyone or anything associated with the Military, but anything else its just plain obvious he has no idea. His memory has been wiped blank. Other than having no idea what going on, he seems to be in good spirits and just hanging in there pretty well for a man of 87 years of age.
I'm going to add some pictures of my aunts to show you. I want you to join me in praying for them both. During this time of seperation from the hubs I look at them both and know where my strength can come from! My Aunt Carolyn has recently be diagonsed with breast cancer for the 2nd time. Shes had cancer a total of 3 times now, Breast, Lymphoma and now Breast cancer again. Because of the Chemo she has recently experience congestive heart failure and will not be able to recieve Chemotherapy. She will be taking Radiation with the hopes that this will help her to beat this battle one last time.
My Aunt Jackie lost her husband 2 years ago next month. He was the love of her life and the father to their 4 children and 10 Grandchildren. Every day is still a struggle for her but she manages to make it. I admire her for her willingness to press on for her family because that's what Uncle Rick would want her to do. Not to mention she spends majority of her time caring for my Grandfather and Grandmother.
My momma and both of my aunts have stregth greater than anyone I know. It absolutely amazes me the trials that all 3 of these women have overcome. My mom told me recently that their motto together is "Keep On Keeping On" and I belive it. All 3 of them, they never stop. I LOVE YOU LADIES!!!
This is where we found the sleep walker :-)

Clarke and Peanut

WHOA....It was a LONG night!!!!

Meadow a.k.a Peanut and I

Clarke and Mommy in Panama City

Megan, Sarah, Rexy and Mindy

Rexy, Me and Mindy (I think it was 4 a.m. here)

My Momma, Aunt Carolyn and Aunt Jackie

Me and Aunt Carolyn (Clark was oblivious to the Camera)



post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to read the update. I miss you girl. I cant believe what a little man you have on your hands. Its crazy. It looks like you had fun with your friends, you look a bit tipsy in some of those pics, lol. Good times, good times. Glad to here your doing good, and I will keep your family and all the illness in my prayers. LOVE YOU!