Monday, August 18, 2008

My Confession

Not really mine, but it was too good not to pass on :-)
Confessions of a Deployed Soldier's Wife
Dear Husband,
I have much to confess
So I can get this all off my chest!
Since you've been gone
Everything in the house has gone wrong
I can’t sleep, all I do is eat, and I cry everyday
Missing you dearly what more can I say
The house is a big wreck
But since you’re gone I figured "oh what the heck"
I haven’t been in the mood for cooking much
Our kids have been eating pop tarts & Capt. Crunch!
I hate changing light bulbs, that was always something you'd do
Along w/ washing the car & taking the garbage out too.
I've slacked on my appearance, makeup & such
I barely make it to the shower that much.
I wear my pajamas all day but that’s nothing new
Haven’t done laundry so now I’m wearing yours too
I try to keep myself busy, I sometimes read
But every time I start its time for the baby to feed
The dogs I can say miss you too
I don’t care for them much; I paid a kid to pick up their poo!!
The weekend comes, & we do the best we can
Those were our days with family plans
I see soldiers all over this place
Except when I see that uniform, I wanna see your face.
The kids wonder if you'll be home soon & if the time will fly
I don’t have the heart to tell them that only 17 days have gone by
I sleep w/both phones & wait for your call
And wait by the computer too, I recall
The only thing I can say I do right
Is hold our children & tuck them in bed each night
And tell them daddy loves them & he’s forever in our prayers
Yes he's thinking of you & of course he cares
So here are my confessions, take them in if you will
I wouldn’t be like this if you were home still
I'm doing the best I can to keep this family together
I guess it’s because I'm gonna love you forever
This is the way were gonna live our life
Since I married you & became an Army Wife





post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

Awwwww..that's so sweet!