Saturday, September 06, 2008

My Life As an Army Wife {Part 9: Mind Your Own Buisness}

One thing that absolutely drives me nuts about being an army wife is that it seems like someone always knows whats going on in your family, whether you want them to or not. What's even worse is when someone thinks they know what's going on and they really don't. Lastly, when someone thinks that "my" world is falling apart around me and telling everyone else they need to pray for me and my family. Just for the sake of those who read this...I'm going to update of few area's of my life because there are a "few" individuals who read this that think my world is just falling to pieces.

Me: I am doing well. I've been back and forth to the doctor since Wes left having a couple of medical issues taken care of. I have completely recovered from my surgery and the new medications are helping tremendously. I am so thankful for Dr. Skinner and the amazing job he did making me feel like a new woman :-)! I've lost 7 pounds in less than a month, and dropped 2 pants sizes. I've got a long way to go, but I'm on my way to a healthier me. My blood pressure has been high the last 3 times I have had it checked and my cholesterol #'s have been through the roof, but with the help of a little weight loss and better eating habits that should come down. Both are hereditary so I'm pretty sure it's just something I'm stuck with. In December I will have a full blood work up again and I'm hoping things will look better. I will also be tested for Diabetes at that time as well.
I am staying busy at the dance studio (Kelly School of Dance) working about 9 hours a week. That doesn't seem like much but that its more than you think. Come time for competition and recital I will be a whooped puppy. I absolutely love every minute I am there. I am so thankful for my precious parents who so willingly keep my Clarke for me to be there in the evenings.
I've been doing my very best to stay AHEAD on my class work. I think I may have gotten in a little over my head trying to take 13 hours with a toddler but I am making progress and good grades so far. I took my first Math test this week and I actually think I did pretty good. I've made all A's so far and I'm hoping for the same for the rest of the semester. We'll see though :-). My professors at Enterprise Ozark Community College have been great thus far.
Other than staying busy I am enjoying being Clarke's mommy and the Hubs wifey more and more. I KNOW I am handiling this deployment alot better than I expected and a lot better than most expected I would. HOW GREAT IS MY GOD!
Hubby: He is doing great. He has been working now for 44 days without anytime off. I admire him more and more for his dedication to his job, and more importantly our country. He is very tired already and I am praying that when he does get a day off he will rest well and be refreshed in mind, body and Spirit. My soldier is a hard worker and always has been since we first met, and it amazes me how he can just go and go and go even when he is at the point of pure exhaustion. We've been able to talk with him almost every day and see each other on the webcam. We've downloaded Skype so we've actually been able to hear each other too. It's free so it's just as easy and alot cheaper than talking on the phone. I tell him all the time that the best thing about hearing his voice is hearing him tell me he loves me and Clarke. It's like music to my ears.
Our Marriage: Sometimes deployments do things to peoples marriages that are just undescribeable. Some end in divorce and some end up being stronger that one would ever expect. Wes and I seem to be heading for the later. We hit a little bit of a bump in the start, but because of God's grace and goodness in both of our lives we are doing better than ever. We have recognized alot of our weaknesses and also where we were failing one another as husband and wife. Since then, things have been looking up. We are working every day not only to fall more in love with one another but to fall more in love with Jesus together. I believe our personal relationships with Jesus will bring us out to a place after this is all over with where we never imagined we would be. I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us. Through every challenge I just keep thinking to myself, that each one brings forth something new and refreshing and that there is also something greater on the other end. Every day is good but every day things get Greater!!!! I love my husband now more than I ever imagined I could ever love him. I'm not sure why it's taken this long to realize, but now is the time that he needs to know more than ever. Clarke and I are here at home rooting him on and waiting for the day that we can all be together once again!!!!
Clarke: As always he's just growing growing growing. We're having a big birthday party 3 weeks from today. I can't believe he's already going to be "2". We've been going to school for a few weeks and we are slowly but surely seeing a progression of changes. Believe it or not hes actually listening a little better, which is a plus for us. He's recognizing his colors better and we've been working a little more on our numbers and alphabet. Before we know it, we'll be working on potty training for real. You wouldn't believe the vocabulary that this kid has. He's gone from 3-5 words to over 100 or more. It just amazes me. This morning I asked him what was on his knee and he told me it was a "boobie" instead of a "booboo". He feel down doing something he does best, running around the car chasing grammy. Clarke LOVES to go to the library and check out books on Thursday. Our aunt got him a new bag for his books and he carries it like a big boy. I bought him some sidewalk chalk this week and he loves playing with it as well. He does make a pretty big mess, but when the raindrops come away goes the mess.

So there it is. It's pretty much all out in the open. See we are doing amazingly well. For those of you who think you know it all MIND YOUR OWN BUISNESS.

For my faithful readers, I am sorry to seem so harsh but this has been an ONGOING problem for the last 3 months and it needed to be handled. Count this as your "September Update"!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan, im glad to hear things are going well for you. You will be in my prayers. I praise God your life is going well, everybody needs good in there life. You are an amazing person, and deserve amazing things! Love you!

The Brezina's said...

Hello Anonymous! I hope I know who you are, especially since you told me you love me :-). Thanks for Your Prayers!