Thursday, September 11, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Clarke Misses His Daddy and I Do Too









The Hubs Misses Me Too :-)
(he sent Clarke a pic too)







My Husbands Bird in a beautiful sunset.




The last few days have been a little hectic for me and Clarke. I took him to school on Tuesday and was called around 10:30 to come pick him up because he was being very cranky and didn't seem to feel good. Well, over the weekend I had noticed this as well but figured with 2 eye teeth coming in I would be pretty cranky too. After having to go to the school early I decided that it would be best to take him into to see Dr. Blaxton at Southeastern Peds (I was a patient there from birth-18 years of age and now Clarke is as well). She checked his ears, they were fine, no temp, but a mouth full of blisters. She ran a strep test, and YES it was positive. This is the 2nd time that my baby has had strep throat this year. I felt so bad that I had sent him to school on Tuesday and exposed him to the other student, but then I thought about it...He probably picked it up at school. Too bad, huh?

Tonight we lost electricity at the dance studio around 6 p.m. so I didnt get to teach my last 2 classes. Imagine a studio full of little girls (about 40 to be exact) and a bunch of parents plus the staff, no lights and no air conditioning. I was a nervous wreck. We finally decided to send them all home and resume classes next week. There's no telling why we lost power but I was glad for a little bit of a rest tonight. I'm exhausted from a long week.

If the gas prices aren't too crazy tommorrow I'm planning to head to Gainesville to Wesley's parents house for the weekend. My precious neice Stephie is turning 18 on Thursday of next week and my FIL is having a birthday tommorrow. We'll see if we go though. It cost around 65.00 now with the cost of fuel to fill my SUV up so I'd hate to fill it up if the prices go up tommorrow. Poopie on Gas Prices.

I bought a new lap top today b/c my old one was about to go ker-plunk. Mr. Richard the computer fixer-uper said mine was beyond repair. I went to Sam's Club and found just what i was looking for and at a price I could afford. YAY for good prices! I am blogging from my bed tonight watching 27 Dresses and it's like a little peice of heaven here!

I'm off to watch my chick flick, if I can hold my heavy eyes open. They feel as if I've got bricks sitting on them!!!!

P.S. My dear friend Misty is going into the hosptial at 9 a.m. tommorrow for a C-Section. She and I are both from this area, our husbands are in the same company (in Germany) and are both deployed together. Please pray for Misty as she goes into the hospital to deliver tommorrow with the help of her mom and for Nathan as he will not be able to be with her. They are both going to experience a whirlwind of emotions. I will be going up to the hospital at some point to check on her and I'll update on little Olivia's arrival.


post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

Checking in and catching up. Glad to hear all is well with you and the family! Glad you are feeling better, too. Clarke is sure growing!

Have a good weekend..be careful if you travel.

Blessings
Tonja