Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hi You All!

Just wanted to let you know that Clark and I are getting ready for a big Welcome Home Celebration at our House. The word is that we should have our soldier back by the end of the 2nd week of August. I spoke with Wesley today and last night FINALLY after not hearing from him in 3 days. He has moved into transition housing and the National Guard Unit from NC is there to replace them. All of the soldiers are hot and not getting much rest because of the heat. They are all very worn out and ready for this to be over with, as well as the spouses. It's work, work and more work until they finally get on the plane to fly.

Clark and I will go to the Hangar next week to Welcome his favorite babysitter Mrs. April home. She's returning with the first group of soldiers and we are looking forward to being there as her "Family" when she is released. We've made posters for Mrs. April and Daddy and we have a countdown calendar outside of our door for the both of them. It's been busy here, we've prepared single soldier rooms, we're hanging Red White and Blue ribbons this weekend and our big Welcome Home Sign, we're planning the Re-Deployment Ball for October and getting things ready here at home as well. This weekend we'll be decorating the stairwell with our Neighbor Mrs. Sara to welcome home our Daddy and Sara's husband Curtis (or Curty as Clark calls him).

I am proud to report that I have a potty trained kid (poop and all). He has done outstanding the last 2 weeks. It was like we got here and something clicked. We've had only 2 accidents in 2 weeks and those were during nap time and while playing with his buddies. He enjoys flushing the toilet the most...Pushing the Clark button but NOT daddy's button (Jonathan and Anna know what I'm talking about). I'm so proud of him and how well he has adjusted to being back here in Germany. It's made this transition so much easier. He is ready to go to his Schule (school). We walk by there everyday and he ask if he can go see his teacher. We've got our backpack, german slippers, we're potty trained and so we're ready to go! AND..Clark is going to be playing Soccer starting August 31. He will be on the 3-5 year old team. Wes is very excitied about teaching Clark a new sport.

On another note. I was offered a job my first Sunday back at church. I have done most of the paper work and have met with the Chaplain and word is that the contract is MINE.I meet all the requirements and more. I will be the Religious Education Coordinator for our post Protestant and Catholic. I will work only 1 day during the week (possibly from home unless they need me at the chapel), one Day a month for meetings, and on Sundays. I'm excited but will know for sure hopefully by the end of this week. This paper work process has been excruciating.

Lastly...I'm going to have completed my AA by May. I am taking 5 classes this semester and will finish with an AA and immediately transfer back to BCF to complete my degree in May. It's all in the works at BCF all ready! EOCC will not work with me on the Early Childhood Program and I will finish my degree quicker by returning to BCF to complete the Christian Education Program. LONG STORY SHORT.

I'm working on some paper work for the new job now so I should get back to that. I hope to hear from some of you soon!

Blessings,

Megan

1 comment:

Tonja said...

So good to hear from you and catch up on all your news. You have been busy, girl! So glad everything seems to be falling into place in your life. And happy that Clarke is adjusting so well.