Wednesday, September 14, 2005

It Is Stirring Within My Heart......Again

I am tired today. I should have allowed myself to stay in bed and catch up, but I didn't. I was already awake and decided I should save my absences for another day.Heck, I may need them towards the end of the semester when I am even more tired and passed the going point. It was so hard to make myself get up with LinsMari and Best Friend still warm and cozy in their beds, I just wanted to scream at them ITS NOT FAIR. After getting up, I decided that I wouldn't even be a bum today and actually took the time to pick out cute clothes, fix my hair and put on some make-up. Wesley will be proud of me!

Anyways, on to the more important things. Last night I attended the International Mission Board's Appointment Service. 86 missionaries, were appointed to places all around the Globe. Hearing their personal calls to mission was so refreshing to my heart. It just rekindles my passion for missions all over again. I am secure in my calling and thanks be to God that he reaffirms it within me so very often. If you ever have an oppurtunity to attend an appointment service I highly recommened it. It was a once in a lifetime expereince.

Dr. Rankin asked the question at the close of his challange to the appointee's and to those present within the congregation; "Do you feel as if God is stirring up a call to full time service within your heart and there is just something holding you back?" Well, I had to answer yes! I've thought about that question an awful lot since I have been home from West Africa. Like I said, I know that the Father is leading me towards a missions career, but my only hold back is the fact that Wesley does not have that same guidance, at this time. I can work on the mission field here stateside, but my hearts cry is not for the USA but for those who are among a people group who have never heard the name of Jesus ever proclamied, one of those people groups that are represented by a black flag.

I know one thing, I can not make Wesley have a call to missions, that is something that must be done through the work of the Holy Spirit within his life, but I can pray that the Father would place that calling/leading on his heart and that in obedience Wesley would faithfully accept that call. I believe highly in wishful thinking! I pray firmly for God's intervention in both of our lives and give us both leadership/direction as to what his desire is for our future in the ministry. It would be great if after we both graduate from BCF that we could be directly appointed to the field, but right now that does not look like a possibility unless the Father works on Wesley's heart alot between now and then. Pryerfully I seek that the Father would first allow both of our ministries to be his, then through his guidance give us a ministry to oversee together!

Please, don't let me sound selfish, this is not all about me. Yes, Wesley is called to full time ministry, but he is Mr. Music Man, not Mr. Mission Man! I love that he pushes my desire and allows me to be involved in missions as often as possible, but after two trips abroad without him , I am to the point that I want him to have that same desire so that we can go and minister together on the field.

Enough is enough...I'll give ya more lata!

Meg

No comments: