Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Peace and Quiet....I Need Some!

Last week was so hectic. With the hurricane happening and the unsureness of the condition of their home (no water, no power), my aunt and cousin are still here. There have been people in and out of our house constantly the past 8 days. My aunt has made my parents home a drop of point for supplies that will be taken to Mandeville, LA this coming up Friday. There will be a 27 foot trailor leaving from Ashford, AL on Friday morning at 12:00 a.m. packed full. Don't let me sound as if I am complaining about people come to drop things off because I am not. It truly is a joy to my heart to see that there is a desire to help those individuals affected by Katrina. It is indeed a blessing to see the outpouring of kindness from the people from the Wiregrass Area. My mom and I were talking yesterday in the afternoon about why so many people from this area just give, give, give. They give so unselfishly. They do everything possible to see that people in need have everything possible. We came to the conclusion that it's partly a southern thing.

The only thing I can complain about it my nerves are quite frazzeled and I am in need some just some peace and quiet. I'm to the point of just being a plain out meany butt to everyone. I guess there is one advantage I have in being married now, when the noise does get out of control I can just leave and go home. PRAISE THE LORD!

Other than Katrina and the devestation, things have been alright. As usual I spent last week in classes and working. Thursday night me and the two roomies (Best Friend and Lins) just had some good ole girl time. It was great. We had some Mexican and then spent the rest of the evening just doing what girls do best, running their mouths. Next time we have some girl time, Amy and Heidi are definately going to have to show! Friday night me and my daddy went and hung out with the Gilmore's over at the shop. We have some good times out there. No wonder we go back every weekend! Saturday night, well but things kinda got turned around. I was suppose to chill with Lins, but her weekend had an unexpected turn around But heck, thats alright...my girl done went and made friends with my neighbor from math class! Oh Yeah, by the way, I wish you the best of luck girl. Take things slow and don't get overwhelmed and you know that things will be fantastic. I'm praying for you. Oh and another thing I must say to you, about our conversation on Thursday night....I DO ADMIRE YOU! I wish I could say I had done the same.

We'll I am going to peace out. I do not really have alot to say today. Nothing new and exciting going on yet. It's only Tuesday.

I will ask you to pray for Wesley, we should be recieving a call within the next few days as to whether or not Chalkhead Baptist Church in Ozark is going to extened the call to him to come as Minister of Music and Education.

Holla Back!
Meg

No comments: