Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Know, I Know...

howdy strangers-

I've been away, well not really, for a few days and for that I apologize. I took my monster to the Dr. last Thursday (a week ago) for his 18 month Well Baby and he had a Double Inner Ear infections. Friday I started the meds and Clarke had a nasty reaction to them. So, I spent Friday-Tuesday fighting with a very unhappy 19 month old. We finally got some new antibiotics on Tuesday afternoon, but they aren't much better. The pediatrician put him on Zantin. If you know what Lemon Scented Mr. Clean smells like, thats what these meds taste like. They are HORRIBLE. I'm 24 and nobody could MAKE me take them. Poor Clarke, hes been a trooper though. We're still not out of the woods yet. Went back to the Dr. yesterday and his right ear still looks like he was burned on the inside. I promise I am not a neglectful mother. I just live on a military post that is short on doctors and has a staff that has NO respect for their patients needs. ESPECIALLY when Daddy is away on business. Thank You Jesus for Lexapro!!!!

I promise when I have some more time tomorrow I am going to post something good.
In the mean time check out Confessions of a CF Husband. Tricia is out of the hospital and little Gwyneth is well on her way to joining her Mommy and Daddy at home!!!

P.S. I'm going to see the hubby tomorrow for a few hours! Pray that Clarke doesn't get confused, and that we don't have more sleepless night with his screaming for his Papa. I'm a worn out mommy.

post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

sure hope he feels better soon. It's so hard when they feel so bad...and ear infections do hurt!

Glad you'll get to see hubby soon.

I'l say a special prayer for all 3 of you!