Sunday, April 06, 2008

Movin' On Up

This is where we found him.

Isn't an angel?
(Only when he's sleeping)

This is where he should have been!

So we REALLY made the transition today. We've converted the Monster's crib into a toddler bed. We've converted the bed one other time and it didn't work out too well so back in the crib he went. This time he's going to have to put on his big boy britches and ride it out. We converted the bed at around 11:00, right before lunch and prior to the afternoon nap at 12:30. Clarke had some time to play in the bed before hand so he kinda got the feel of the"No Rail/Freedom" situation. We didn't put up a small side-rail as you can see from the photo's below. We are not careless parents I promise The only one we can get here is just long enough for Clark to get his little neck stuck between the rail and the side of the crib. I could see an accident waiting to happen. We decided against the rail until I can order one online. The air mattress will have to work until Daddy has to leave for the field.

Nap time rolled around at 12:30. I took Clark into his room, put him in his bed and against my better self (he dosen't watch t.v. before bed its a NO NO) I turned on a Veggie Tales DVD, shut the door behind me and stood outside the door and waited. Indeed within 30 seconds he was getting the basket with all of his stuffed animals out and putting them on the air matress. He was playing quietly for about 15 minutes I would say and I peeked back in and found my little fella sound asleep. Wes took a look, I grabbed the camera and then being the good mom I am, I put him in his bed to sleep until 4:30 p.m.

Hopefully tonight will go as well as nap time did!!!!

P.S. We're getting a potty seat THIS WEEK!

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how come clarkie was in the crib again at nap time? fallin' out too much?