Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Baby Likes Soul Food!


Yesterday for lunch I decided I would fix the Monkey a "Fried Chicken Kids Cuisine". I told my friend who was over for coffee "Oh he'll never eat the chicken. Only the corn and chocolate pudding." Well, my fellow readers, I was wrong. This kid at 2 chicken legs, most of the corn and all of the pudding. He didn't just eat the chicken, he sucked the bone clean. I had to call my Daddy in Alabama to tell him, so he could be just as excitied as I was.

Clarke normally doesn't eat meat unless it is ground turkey mixed in with rice and sauce or spaghetti. He must know we're getting ready to head back to the deep south and is preparing his body for a quick reaction to the "Soul Food". I know I can't wait to get back to Bama. I want some of Zack's fried Chicken, White Acer peas, Fried Green tomoatoes, mashed potatoes and some fried Corn Bread. Healthy Meal huh?


post signature

1 comment:

FarBink said...

Oh man. I'd give my left shoe for some fried green tomatoes right now. Dang.

Nice shirt, Clarkie!!