Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Life As an Army Wife {Part 3: Field Missions}

This week has been awfully busy for me and the Monster. I apologize for falling behind on keeping you guys up to speed. I've been going non-stop for the last 6 days. Wesley left us on Friday for the next 6 weeks. Of course this isn't a problem for us, Clark and I will manage, but we just miss him an awful lot.

I can not go into a lot of detail about what a Field Mission consist of, but I can tell you that they take soldiers away from their families for weeks and months at a time. These missions are absolutely necessary, especially when you are coming up on a deployment. They do spend a lot of time working with the aircraft, but they also spend a lot of time doing training exercises that will help them prepare for their future as soldiers. I will be honest with you, this Mission will be the hardest for me, but will be great for me at the same time. I think that this is God's way of allowing me to become more dependent on Him, rather than depending so much on Wesley.

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD."
Jeremiah 17:7

So, what I need to say now is that a Field Mission give you lots of opportunities to find out who you are as a wife, a mother, and mostly who I am as the Bride of Christ. And as important who I will have to be while my husband is away on his year long mission. It's a time filled with lots of emotions as well. Spouses get used to their soldiers being gone, but yet there are still times of loneliness, anxiety/anxiety, loss of patience and depression. Thanks be to God for giving me my Monster to keep me busy. If he wasn't around, I would be absolutely miserable. Yes, it's tough being alone with a toddler (he's not a bad baby, just busy), but I am blessed to have great friends and a wonderful babysitter who offers to help me with Clarke all the time. Because I am constantly in the scriptures, and because I have memorized much scripture I can find the encouragement that I need to make it through.

C4: I want to put out a plug for my friends Crash, ZJ and Kaine. They are the host of a brand new Podcast called C4: A Christian Companion's Combative Creed. I'd love for you all to follow the link on the side of their page and listen to what they have to share. ESPECIALLY if
you are a military wife!!

Charile Page: My best friend Mindy and her husband (who is deployed) Brian from Columbus, GA welcomed to the world this week their first daughter. I am so proud of then. I will post photo's of the little princess just as soon as they send me some. Please continue to pray for Mindy and Charlie while Daddy is away. He should return for a little R&R around June to meet his little one for the very first time!

Wesley's Father: We were given the news last Thursday that Wesley's Father may (more than likely) have Prostate cancer. All of the test that have been done so far lead to the Positive. He will have a few biopsy's done the first week of May and after that we will know more. Also, my FIL had one of his kidney's removed a year or so ago, and he was also given word that the remaining kidney is not functioning as it should. We covet your prayers for Edward, Wesley and for our Family.

I will be taking Clarke to the Dr. tomorrow for his 18 month well baby. He'll be getting several shots too. I'm thinking to have his babysitter Miss April meet me at the clinic to take him in for the shots because I don't do so well. I'll update you tomorrow after the appointment!



post signature

2 comments:

FarBink said...

God is putting it on my heart to pray for Wes' dad this week. You are so sweet and strong, megan, and I count all the blessings I have for being your sister in Christ.

Tonja said...

Well, I am just going to be saying extra prayers for you in the coming weeks. Isn't it great to know that Our Father will supply all our needs? If you have anything that needs to be taken care of here in the Deep South, just let me know. God Bless!