Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life As A Military Wife: Joy Comes in the Morning

Hey Yall!!
I've not been MIA since my last post on the 19th I've just been a busy momma. I've been trying to keep Clark very occupied so that he isn't missing his D-A-D-D-Y (we spell his name, we don't say his name unless we are actually "talking to" Daddy) as much as he has been. Friends, it's been a little rocky for Clark, especially at bedtime. We're making progress though and each day is getting a little easier.

Breezy FINALLY arrived back at camp on the 23rd. He left here on the 19th. It was a long trip for him and he was very exhausted upon arriving. Thankfully he had the night off and next day so was able to get some much needed rest. Of course, we're missing him like crazy, but we're looking forward to his return in early August. I've even got a new dress to wear already :-)

We've been attending swimming lessons at Westgate for the last 2 weeks and my little "Shark" is doing great. He told his instructor Alexis on Tuesday that he wasn't a fish, he was a "Shawk". We've spent a lot of time in the pool over the last few weeks and I must say I love every minute of it, but the joy Clark shares with me while swimming makes each new day a little brighter. I took Clark over to my best friends parents on Monday to go swimming and before I knew it he was jumping off the diving board and going down the slide ALONE...now of course there was an adult watching him at all times. I purchased some Speedo Water Wings this year from Target and they've been the best investment I've made all summer. They are a little big, but they do their job by keeping my little Shark's head above water and by keeping him happy.

Let me give you a little update on baby Leighton since I've not done that in a while. She went for her Newborn check up with Dr. Williams last week and she's already growing like a weed. She has gone from 5 pounds 13 ounces and 18 3/4 inches long to 6 pounds 3 ounces and 20 inches long. She's starting to fill out a little and has a head full of blonde hair. She's just the cutest little thing.She's starting to outgrow her Newborn clothes and is fitting into her 0-3 months a little bit better. She pretty much sleeps, eats and pees (only pooping a little), but keeps her Mommy and Daddy on their toes. She has stollen all of our hearts. I have been spoiling her as much as possible....Breezy I promise not too much though! My friend Amanda from Snatches of Time photography stole some sweet shots of here earlier this week and they are so beautiful.

I'm having problems loading photos for some reason, but just as soon as I get this kink fixed, I've got MORE than enough to share with you. I'm waiting on the Play by Play Disney Vacation Posts until I can get the photos to go along because I know that's all you really care about anyways!

As for the title of my post...of course I've been a little down for the past few days, but this morning I woke up and discovered a joy that I haven't felt since Breezy left. The Lord gently reminded me that I am not in this alone. I've got an amazing support system (my parents, family and a small handful of faithful friends) and that the end is clearly in sight :-). I've got so many reasons to experience joy (I'll save that for another day) and there is not one reason why I shouldn't find a new reason everyday! So, today I'm going to get myself together, put on my REAL BIG girl panties and look for joy in the sweetness of being Breezy's wife and Clark's mommy and just BE! There's to much to be done to worry about being "down and out".

There's Only Us

There's Only This

Forget.Regret. Or Life Is Yours To Miss

No Other Road

No Other Way

No Day But Today

-Rent

"No Day But Today"




post signature

1 comment:

Tonja said...

Glad you two are doing well. So good for him to learn to enjoy the water early!

Take care, dear.