Friday, June 12, 2009

A Whirlwind of Fun

o




Friends, let me just tell you. The past 12 days have been some of the best days of my life. Spending time with my 2 boys and our families has been great.

Breezy FINALLY arrived here on Sunday 31 May after a long 11 month wait. After 48 hours of planes and airports he was suppose to arrive in Dothan around Noon but thankfully he made it to his connecting gate just in time to get on the 9:20 a.m. flight. He was coming and I only had one hour to get myself and Clark ready to go.

Clark was so sweet when he saw his Daddy for the first time. He checked Breezy over real good to make sure it was really who he thought it was and then he climbed up in his arms, took Daddy's face in both hands and said in the sweetest voice "Oh Yes, This is My Daddy!" I was almost in tears, but more relieved that Clark took to his Daddy with no hesitations. I sorta stepped back and let the boys have their moment and the joy that I experienced in my heart is unexplainable. It was a beautiful picture a Father's Love for his Son.

We've had a whirlwind of fun over the last 12 days. We spent the first 5 days with my parents in Dothan, pretty much just relaxing and getting things ready for vacation (SHOPPING TOO). We did make an overnight trip down to the Beach to hit up Pier Park and Dusty's for dinner. We left on the 4th to head down to Gainesville to get ready for the big Graduation of our niece on the 5th. We left on the 7th for Orlando until yesterday the 11th.

Orlando was an experience that Clark will hopefully look back on and remember...or at least somewhat. Between my FIL and myself we took over 600 photos. I won't bombard you guys with all the photos today, but I'll try to cover our R & R over a period of a few post. I'm sure you are all anxious to see Mickey too.

Breezy will be with us for about 7 more days. I'm not looking forward to him returning to his station of duty, but it makes me 4 weeks closer to heading back to our home in Germany and only a month or a little more to becoming a family of 3 living under one roof.

I'm one pooped mama and its 11:00 p.m. here so I'm heading off to get some beauty rest. Keep your eye out there's more to come.

post signature

2 comments:

Tonja said...

It sounds wonderful! How you must love being back together! Sounds as if you have been pretty busy, and lots of places to go and people to see. Hope you've planned a little 'down time' in there somewhere.
God bless you, and keep on enjoying being together!

andi said...

WHAT FUNNNNN!! I know you are so thankful! This post gave me a little lump in the throat and a tear in the eye! :) Can't wait to see Mickey pictures!