Monday, June 29, 2009

Soo....This is How it Feels

Me and my buddy Vince Johnson. We taught together at the KSD
and he is the director of Hip-Hop for Patti Rutland Jazz......
AMAZING Dancer!!!

Me with Heather (& Heather's Hubby) and Almitra.
These were always MY "Black Girls"!

Me and Patti Rutland-Simpson after the show

"PRJ Old Folk"

WHOA...what a whirlwind of a weekend. Here's a little re-cap for you all!

Friday- Clark had swimming lessons and passed his little test with flying colors. Kid loves the water and for that I am pleased. His mommy and daddy absolutely adore the beach and are delighted to know that we can take him there anytime and he's one happy and content boy. Side Note: Breezy proposed to me on the beach b/c it's a place where we love to spend time together, even before we were married.
Friday evening was spend relaxing at home doing much of nothing. Clark took a nap at 5 and slept till 7. He was pooped little boy. He was back in bed by 10:30.

Saturday: Clark and I got up around 8ish and headed out to the Poker Run for TAPS, which was unsuccessful yet again. I was very disappointed. Our Event Coordinator has another plan in the works. I won't be around to see if fulfilled but hopefully he'll get a good turn out. This event was my last event with TAPS. Today I am placing my letter of resignation in the mail. Due to some unforeseen circumstances and me moving away Breezy and I have decided that it's time for me to step down. It was a hard decision to make because I love those little girlies and desire to see them in their tap shoes for years to come. I just pray that the funds continue to come in and TAPS, Inc. can remain a faithful, profitable Non-Profit Organization.

Our Friend Ethan turned 5 on Saturday and I turned 26. Clark and I celebrated with Ethan at a big birthday bash hosted by his Mom and Manda (from Snatches of Time). It was a lot of fun, definitely a birthday party Ethan won't forget, especially since Manda took probably 200 plus photos.

Saturday night my mom and I had a date night. We got all dressed up and headed to the Opera House for the Patti Rutland Jazz Re:Union Show. Oh friends, I had the best time. There were girls/guys there that I started dancing with when I was 6 (some of these people were Sr. Company at the time I started dancing). Patti Rutland Jazz was originally started in 1989 when I was in kindergarten. I actually became a part of PRJ when I was 7 or 8 and was in Pee Wee Company. I made my way to Jr. Company, left for a couple of years to dance at the Kelly School of Dance and came back to be a part of the actual "PRJ" for 2 years. Times I will NEVER forget. There were around 28 of us there that were "OLD" PRJ memebers and maybe 12 of the "NEW" company memeber. The show was AMAZING. Seeing peices that were performed over the past 25 years. I danced in my seat, I cried, I laughed and most of all I just had an all out good time. RIP J.B. Beasly- this show was dedicated to you my friend!

Yesterday I packed up, cleaned out, picked up and looked for my Seeing Eye Glasses that have all of a sudden disappered. I am leaving in 2 weeks so I have alot to get done before that can happen. I had an amazing birthday dinner of Seafood with my family and finished up the meal with a homeade Butter Pecan Peach Cobbler. YUM-O made by my momma.

post signature

No comments: