Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Happy 4th of July (A Little Late)and My Life as A Military Wife: Daddy's and Deployments

Pledge to the Flag (or so he thought)

My KK enjoying the Kids pool

This was just Lunch on Saturday. The bar was all the real food, the table held all the sweets.

My favorite cousin Kaci and I...about 10 p.m. and I was lookin' terrible

Kaci, Me and Lane (Kaci's best friend)
Hi Friends!

Last Wednesday I left Dothan at 9 a.m. headed to Atlanta for an overnight trip so that I could drop my car off to be shipped on Thursday. My cousin Taylor (14), Clark and I would do a 24 hour turn around and make the trip back home with another cousin Jessie (19). We spent Wednesday evening swimming at my aunt and uncles in Social Circle and having a GREAT dinner at Applebee's with our cousin Shane and his Fiance Dana. Thursday we got my car sent off at the Vehicle Processing Center and headed back to D-Town before 1 p.m. Seeing that inspector drive my car to the parking garage was like a breathe of fresh air for me. BY August 17th my car will be in Germany for us to pick up and enjoy for the next portion of our tour.

The Celebration of our Country's Independence has come and gone and man oh man am I still worn out. Clark and I had a VERY busy weekend with lots of the "Clark" (that's my maiden name...remember) family here for a Semi-Family Reunion.

By Friday evening we had around 25 people here at our house and enough food to feed an Army. My uncles and aunts prepared 15 pounds of hamburger meat, 48 hot dogs and of course beans, stewed squash, pasta salad, fresh field peas, pound cake, baked beans and all the fixings! It was a great night.

Saturday we started all over again. Clark and I headed over to "Gilmore Farms" for a 4th of July picnic as tradition always holds. It was so hott, but let me tell you my boy loves to be outside, hot or not. We arrived around 1130 but only stayed until about 130 because of all the family arriving back at our house for the day and a nap was needed by Clark...desperately. After a good nap and lots of good food (today we had 4 whole pork loins, 3 boston butts, chicken breast, deer sausage fresh green beans and peas, corn on the cob, pasta salad, squash, lots and lots of sweets and watermelon) we broke out the swimming pool and water hose to cool off a little. I think the big kids/adults enjoyed it more than the kiddo's did.We spent the afternoon relaxing on the back porch in the shade and just really enjoying each other's company. At dark we decided to put up the Volleyball net and get our game on. I think the older adults enjoyed watching us younger adults/grandkids make a fool of ourselves.

It sure was a great 4th of July with a lot of family we won't be seeing again until we return from Germany in 2011.

Below you will find the link to a video called "Price of Peace". Be sure you watch it all the way through. It is VERY good. It was written by a 13 year old who has experienced her share of saying "Goodbye".

PRICE OF PEACE



post signature

No comments: