Friday, January 14, 2011

And The Army Goes Rolling Along.....

So we OFFICIALLY have orders to our next Duty Station....18 days out. I'm sure you all could tell by my tone that I was beginning to freak out just a little bit.Breezy keeps asking me if I am stressing less now that we have papers..WELL NO, I've only got something on my calendar everyday for the rest of the month. WHOA take a nerve tablet and BREATHE! We received the Orders via email around 4:00 p.m. yesterday and Breezy and I have been non-stop since then. In less than 24 hours we have;

1. Made arrangements for our household goods to be picked up along with our unaccompanied baggage.
2. Made an appointment to clear our apartment.
3. Booked our plane tickets.
4. Packed up our collection of over 300 DVD's.
5. Packed up Breezy's "Army" things.
6. Sorted and Organized all of our personal documents.
7. Breezy cleared about 6 check marks in his clearing packet and made a few other appointments for next week.
8. We de-registered the 525 BMW and made an appointment to pick up shipping tags for the KIA next week.
9. Made an appointment to ship our POV to Dallas, TX (12 hours from where we will live).
10. I booked Breezy a massage for the 24th :-).
11. AND been Mommy and Daddy to our 2 precious boys :-).

I'm thrilled that the Army finally decided that it was necessary to get things rolling along. They did some-what drop the ball, but heck I'm sure we're not the only ones this has happened to. We are just grateful that we'll be in our new home SOON.

ALSO...big news from Brudder. We have 2 teeth now and today we officially switched to Cloth diapers. They will take some getting used to but I believe they will be worth it in the long run. I have some photos of his "Happy Heiney" wearing self and I'll share those with you in a few days.

My brain can not think anymore. I must go to bed. Brudder will be up between 1 and 3 I'm sure for his nightly feeding. Goodnight!

No comments: