Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In The Middle of the Night.....

I'm singing songs in my head at 4:45 a.m. I'm up, not by choice, but because sweet Brudder has decided he does NOT want to sleep. He's had his bottle (for the 2nd time tonight)and now he's back in his crib deciding whether or not he wants to fuss,sleep, or play. I'm hoping for SLEEP soon. Breezy will be up in 10 minutes for PT and friends, hes oblivious to the fact that we're not sleeping! I'm thankful one of us sleeps good at night, or solid I should say.

On Tuesday and Wednesday we were able to get more things checked off of our "CLEARING" list. I'm pleased that we're actually ahead of the game now. I am planning to sit down with the list this morning to figure out just how much we can get done in the next 72 hours. The biggest thing we've accomplished this week is, we headed up (or down) the road to another Installation for our POV inpsection and shipment. We passed with flying colors and now our car is headed to Dallas, TX. We'll have to drive or fly to pick it up which is going to be a chore in itself.
I'm sure when we get the notification to come pick it up it will be a happy, happy day! Oh,PCS'ing how you are literally consuming my life. I'm ready to put you behind me.

Tonight I was laying in bed when a FLOOD of emotion took me over. All I could think about was my precious Aunt who went on to Glory only days ago. I realized that in the chaos of all that has wound me up in the last 3 weeks I had not mourned like necessary. I'm a lot like my mother when it comes to this, but I never realized it until now. Oh, how I wish that I could have had one last visit. One more chance to tell her how much I love her. I have a special bond with most all of my Aunts and Uncles but for some reason the bond I share/shared with my mom's sister's over the years are a little different. I have wonderful memories of my Aunt Carol. I could go on for days sharing them with you, but that could take hours. I'm taking all of my memories in and sealing them forever!

The alarm clock sounded and Breezy isn't budging. Guess I'll go play mom and run him out of bed!

1 comment:

~Talisa~ said...

Girl I understand your sleepless nights...Leah is 4 months old and there for a while was sleeping through the night...that was SHORT lived. Even with cereal at night she still wakes up for that midnight feeding!! So sorry to hear about your Aunt. My Uncle passed away in Oct...I was very close to him so I know what you are going through. Things will eventually get better!
Talisa