Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My Heart and Flesh Cry Out

Its 1:41 a.m. and posting in the middle of the night seems to be becoming a habit.

I am awake for a few reason....
1. Brudder thinks he HAS to get up between 1-3 every night for a feeding. I think this too is a habit. When we move to our new home I will give him the opportunity to cry it out and see if we can't get him sleeping through the night. For now though, he shares a room with Mom and Dad and his fits of crying will wake Dad and Big Boy, which could be BAD!
2. PAIN- will it ever go away? Once I'm up my bodies realizes that it's been resting and it's time to kick my guts up to my throat once again. I'm going back for my 2 week apt. today so I'm hoping that we'll figure this out.
3. My mind is like a Tornado...there is so much going on. Today we found out that we will be moving to Colorado, in 27 days. I knew that this was going to happen. We wanted to move to Savannah, 6 hours from home, but unfortunately they do not have a place for us there. Colorado, which is 23 hours from home, was our 2nd option and we are looking forward to our new adventure. I'm going to blog tomorrow on the PROCESS of PCS'ing (Permanent Change of Station)and you'll understand my stress.

And lastly, I spoke with my Mom today from Virgina where she is with my Aunt and her family, and things are drawing to an end. My precious Aunt is still holding on for some reason, as she has been for many many years, but she is beginning to let go. She's been sick with Cancer for as long as I can remember, first breast cancer and for the last several years Lymphoma, her body just can not take anymore.She's a fighter friends and I know now where my mom get's her resiliency from. I hope I'm just half the women these 2 and my Aunt Jackie are. My heart cry's out because I am not there for my mom. I last Auntie C in February, when I was pregnant with my sweet Brudder and covered from head to toe in PUPPP. She was in the hospital and we had just been from MD to say our final goodbye's to my Grandfather. I never imagined that in all reality that this was my final goodbye, I'll never see her again. I have always had a very special relationship with both my Auntie C and my mom's youngest sister so loosing this piece of me my life is hard....especially on the other side of the world. I can only pray from here for peace from the suffering that her body is experiencing and for my precious Uncle to be comforted as he has not left her side...never. Where God is "their" strong tower, he is her strong tower. It's a beautiful picture of how Christ loves us. She also has 2 daughters, a son, 4 grandchildren (all whom have significant others) and 1 precious Great Grand Boy :-), who you can imagine love her just as much. I am also praying for my mom and Aunt Jackie. They lost their Father in February and now they are losing their sister/mom/best friend. Would you join me in praying for them all as well?



I must get back to bed as I know that morning will come quickly. Rest my friends!

2 comments:

connie wilkins said...

I also am very close to my cousins, we were separated for some time but we had each other in our hearts. I did speak to Carolyn a lot and she was a major part of my life growing up as her mother was. That would be my moms sister. When she passed away I was too pregnant to go with my mom to her bedside. Carolyn has asked for people not to come around so I wait for updates and cry a lot these days. Carolyn loved me and I know it, and she accepted me for me and never judged me. I will miss her and I know I will see her, my aunt, mom and all my family again one day.
This blog is written beautifully Megan and I believe you are as strong as your mom and your aunts. I adore them so much and look forward to meeting you and your family. God Bless you all.
ccousin Connie<3

Wendy Delfosse said...

I'll definitely pray after posting this comment. You said God is their strong tower, so can I assume she is a Christian and you have that peace about this? I know it doesn't make the pain go away but that peace is suuuuch a blessing. I'm really sorry you're hurting and losing someone you love. It's such a hard thing.
Congrats on coming back to USA!