Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We've Made Our List(s).....We're Marking Things Off

Holy Moly friends the last few days have been like a time bomb. I last blogged on Saturday and Breezy and I have been in a mad rush to get things taken care of. PCS'ing is beginning to suck me in and boy will I be ready to get out in a few weeks. I believe when you PCS it's much different from a regular move. The Army has very high standards you are expected to abide by. Of course for us we've not really had any issues because we take care of the things we've been blessed to have.

Let me just share with you a few things that we've already done in the last 5 days, and a few things that we still need to do...

DONE:
1. We've packed our entire basement (baby clothes,toys,110 Appliances, Christmas Goodies, Other holiday Goodies, linens, etc.)
2. Cleaned out and sorted Big Boy's room.
3. Moved all of Brudder's things from our room to Big Boys room to be packed.
4. Cleaned out and pre-packed/sorted Breezy's closet.
5. Brought the suitcases from the basement so we can start packing the things we will need to keep when our Household Goods are picked up.
6. Cleaned the stove/oven to Inspection Standards.
7. Cleaned the house last night and this morning to prep for our pre-inspection.
8. PASSED our pre-inspection with only a few items to work on.
9. Took our limit of 20 items to the thrift store for consignment in December. We're taking another 20 items on Thursday. (Received a check for 48.00)
10. WE HAVE A HOUSE ON POST!!!!!!! 1740 sq ft/3 bd/1 ba :-( basement, fenced yard. We couldn't be more blessed.

TO DO:
1. FINALLY get Breezy's orders.
2. Go to the USAG up the road and pick up Out Processing information
3. Book plane tickets to America and make arrangements for Rental Car/Lodging/ Airport Pick up.
5. Turn off Cell's/Home Phone/Internet, Close bank account
4. Arrange for our car to be shipped/clean car to Army standards/take car 45 minutes away and drop it off/find car to drive until we leave.
6. Arrange for our HHG's to be picked up
7. Arrange for our unaccompanied baggage to be picked up.
8. Schedule Final Inspection
9. Make arrangements for lodging after Final Inspection
10. Pack/Re-Pack our 8 bags (we'll have on bag full of toys for the boys!)
11. FINAL OUT OF GERMANY!!!!


There's another to do list for Breezy and another to do list once we get to America

A few other important events;
My dear friends from our Battalion are having a Farewell Lunch for another dear friend; Leslie and I. We'll both be leaving around the same time. We're going to be going to one of my favorite Greek restaurants in Germany! It will be hard to say goodbye to some of the grandest friends I've made in all of my lifetime.

Lastly, I will have to say my final farewell to the ladies of PWOC (Protestant Women of the Chapel)and to our Church Family/my Kid's Worship Kiddo's. Going to be a very very sad day for me but I know that the ministry's are both being left in good hands!

I'm off to catch a cat nap while Brudder naps his little heart away. I'll have one eye open watching Big Boy play his new Wii game :-).

2 comments:

Tonja said...

I can only imgine all the things you have to get done. Moving in town was very strenuous and stressful for me...but to go over seas and make sure all your things get packed ... well, just know that I will be praying for you and your sweet family. Godspeed!

Roller Coaster said...

There are always a million things to do when PCS'ing! But it's good you're making lists. Hopefully it will all go smoothly for you.

Visiting from the MilSpouse Weekly Roundup!