Monday, March 31, 2008

Get Ready, Get Set, Read

I suggest that you get a cup of coffee, sit back, relax and learn a little more about ME! Here are 100 things that you may or may not have known .

1. I am an only child (and I love every minute of it)
2. I am a book worm. I enjoy picking up a good Nicholas Sparks, Danielle Steel or any other smut book with a warm cup of coffee and sitting on my back porch when the weather is just right. I also enjoy reading Christian books that deal with Marriage, Children, Leadership, Spiritual Growth and EDUCATION! *Since we don't have cable t.v. and have been traveling I've been reading A LOT!*
3. I am a daddy's girl thru and thru. No denying it!
4. I have a shoe and pajama addiction...not for me but Clarke-Man.
5. I don't let my son watch t.v. shoes such as Sponge Bob Square pants or the Cartoon Network in general. I do let him watch shows such as, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, Dora, Deigo, Blues Clues, Backyardagains, Baby Einsteins and Veggie Tales. If they are not some what educational he doesn't watch them. ALSO he is a LIMITED t.v. watcher!
6. I consider my mom to be the very best of friend a girl/daughter could ask for.
7. I have several "groups" of friends. I have my best girlfriends in Alabama (Rexy, Min & Ames), my group of friends from my days at the Kelly School of Dance/Patti Rutland Jazz, and lastly my group of besties from here in Germany (Erin, Kari, Rebecca and Sara's). Love you all :-)
8. I take great pride in all types of Art; photography, drawing, music and most of all DANCE.
9. I danced from age 3 until I was 17 years old and also taught until my 8th month of pregnancy with Clark. I will be teaching again come August 2008 at the KSD.
10. I am a Thrift Store junkie. When my mom and I are together we go every Wednesday!
11. I crave ranch dressing from Mama Rosa's.
12. Labamba's Mexican Restaurant is my favorite place to eat Chimichanga's, drink sweet tea (Crack In a Cup) and Margarita's!
13. I am a lover of Auburn Tiger football, but my husband is a die-hard Florida Gator Fan. Poor Clark he's just stuck in the middle.
14. I like to drink Coffee in the morning to get me going.
15. REALLY, I love to drink coffee at any time of the day especially if it's with good friends!
16. I have been married to my best friend for 3 1/2 years.
17. I became an Army wife on Jan. 17, 2006.
18. I hate being so far away from my family.
19. But I love the travel advantages of being in Germany!
20. My favorite food to eat here in Germany is Jagerschnitzel with Fries and extra gravy!
21. My friends are the Host of C4: A Christian Companion's Combative Creed and I love to listen.
22. I lived in Wicksburg, Alabama all but 4 years of my 24 1/2 year life span.
23. I became a Child of the King on April 1st, 2001 I was baptized on April 8th, 2001.
24. I love being an aunt to Jason, Jackie, Stephie, Chris, Jessica, Alex, Logan and Jeffrey.
25. Wes hates for Clark to sleep in the bed with us, but when he's gone I do it anyways :-)
26. I LOVE to eat my Uncle Tim's hot wings. They are better than any you will ever eat.
27. I feel like something isn't right if Yahoo Messenger/AIM/SKYPE are not open on my computer.
28. I am addicted to the following web-sites, Blogger, Confessions of a CF Husband, Myspace, Facebook, Rickey Stokes News.
29. I hate for people to call me on the phone unless they need something right away. I prefer e-mail (I AM quick to respond)
30. I collect Willow Tree Angels
31. On November 1st I'm ready to decorate the house for Christmas...Wes always says NO.
32. I plan the meals for my family from the 1st-14, 14-30(31) every month and I hate to change.
33. I enjoy drinking fine wines from around the world. (Italy, Hungary, Germany)
34. I attend a lot of wine tastings and always leave with at least 3-8 bottles.
35. I love the people of Burkina Faso, West Africa and Missionary Lynn Kennedy
36. If Wes would let me go back I would go in a heart beat.
37. I dream of someday owning my own Dance Studio/Karate School.
38. There is this little house across from Hollis Dairy in Wicksburg that is old and abandoned that I would LOVE to own someday or have a house built to look almost identical too (maybe a tad bit bigger).
39. I always complain about doing Laundry but really it's one of my favorite things to do. WHY? Because I can do it MY WAY and nobody else will complain! I don't normally let Wes help, unless we have like 10 loads.
40. I am always moving around the furniture. I'm never satisfied.
41. I enjoy taking Clarke for walks to the German bakery for pretzels.
42. I hate to get "Ready" to go anywhere.
43. I wear make-up only when I have to leave the house or when someone is coming over.
44. I really hate when people drop by unexpectedly. Please call first.
45. I have the best hairstylist ever. Go by and see Rexy at Mane Lines for a new doo!
46. I HATE playing Guitar Hero/Rockband but I love to watch my husband and our friends play. 47. I love to see Clarke loving on his Daddy. It just melts my heart.
48. Caffeine...I do not know what I would do without it.
49. I enjoy sewing, but I don't get to do it very often. I'm not very good but I am learning.
50. I am married to a man who loves music and was called to the Music Ministry, but is currently in the Army (he does sing in the praise band at church).
51. Every time he sings my heart overflows with pride!
52. I clean everyday, but my house is not always spotless.
53. Don't make me mad, I have a bad temper.
54. I prefer cloth napkins over paper, but Wes thinks its too much trouble.
55. I LOVE taking Clarke to the Pediatrician (Dr. Head) back home. He was my Dr. too. (I do hate it when he is sick though!
56. I am member of the European Region Protestant Women of the Chapel.
57. I am currently the acting President for our community.
58. I like to intentionally aggravate my in-laws (ALL of them) by dressing Clark in Auburn attire.
59. I eat mild Banana Pepper rings straight from the jar.
60. I love to cook, but I hate cleaning up afterwards. I do it anyways, like it or not.
61. The smell of a Charcoal Grill makes me feel like I should be back home with my daddy
62. The do not like to eat Chicken unless its the only option available (unless its FRIED!)
63. I hate it when my husband has to go away on field business..especially for 12-15 months at a time. (Not yet, but its coming soon for that long)
64. When I don't feel like cooking dinner I send Wes down to the Doner stand in Bad Windsheim!
What a yummy treat!
65. I have a dog that lives with his Grammy in Alabama. He is a toy Dachshund and his name is Tinnamen "Baylee" Brezina.
66. I have Attention Deficit Disorder really bad. (I keep wondering when I will be done with this)
67. I am a worrier. Sometimes I can't sleep because of worrying about little minute things.
68. I was born June 27, 1983 in Dothan, Alabama at Flowers Hospital.
69. My mom wanted to name me Katie, but my dad wanted to name me MAGEN. My dad wasn't sure of the spelling for the birth certificate so it's now spelled MEGAN. (for you Min)
70. Someday I will learn to smock.
71. I have attended 3 different churches in my life, Methodist, Freewill Baptist and Southern Baptist. I now claim to be a member of the Southern Baptist Convention.
72. I attended college (and will return soon) at the Baptist College of Florida.
73. My major is Christian Education with a minor in Leadership.
74. My husband and I are members of his home church; Northwest Baptist Church in Gainesville, Florida.
75. I still have that precious 2-3 hour "Mommy Time" while Clarke naps everyday...Soon that will demolish I am sure.
76. I collect cookbooks and LOVE old recipes. Church cookbooks are my favorite.
77. Paula Deen is my biggest inspiration when it comes to cooking.
78. I love to drink coffee from a "Mug" especially one that's been personalized by Mrs. Angie Bailey.
79. I love sleeping in the middle of the day. I usually ALWAYS take a nap.
80. Sometimes I can be scattered brains.
81. I sometimes start things and forget what I am doing. Hours later I remember and go back to finish.
82. I hate to go to the bathroom on public toilet seats. I'd rather hold it until I get to MY house.
83. Tomorrow I am going to my very first Military Ball and boy am I excitied.
84. The beach is my very favorite place to be on a nice day.
85. Wes proposed to me in Panama City Beach, Florida in 30 degree weather!
86. I can't wait for Clark to be big enough to enjoy the beach.
87. I should say I hate to go IN the Ocean but I love to sit BY the ocean.
88. I paint my toenails year round whether you can see them or not.
89. I feel God has called me to serve in Ministry to Women and Inner City Children.
90. I tend to be a negative person (or so my mom says) and I am working on getting better at that.
91. I have a Lion/Beaver personality, Wesley is a Retriever. Opposites do attract. I
92. Some may think i am an extrovert, but really I'm mostly an introvert.
93. Sometimes I am a little to serious about things that are really close to my heart
94. I am a home-body.
95. I am very picky about who babysits Clarke. I'd rather stay home and keep him myself than leave him with someone he hardly knows.
96. I'm moving back to Alabama in 4-5 months.
97. I am a pro at International Flights.
98. I serve a risen Savior.
99. Because of his amazing grace I am a sinner saved by Grace.
100. I am FINISHED after almost 3 hours of back and forth to the computer.

I am tagging my niece Stephie over at "Silent Goodbyes" to do this now!


post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOur background doesnt show up at my work computer, so that post was really hard to read, but really interesting. Here is my response...

Hmmm, only child...that makes a lot of sense, lol...But for real, i didnt know that.

Yay!!! C4

MMMMMMm...wine, in my best homer accent.

When I read #58, i thought you were going to stop with, "I really enjoy to aggrevate all my inlaws" LOL

Watch out for that Paula Deen, she doesnt make healthy food.

Cant wait to see your beautiful self tonight all dressed up for the ball.

Love you meggers!