Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Oh, What A Morning




It's been another one of those days for me. Yesterday I did a lot of nothing because it was just too cold outside for me, but mainly for my sick little monster. It wasn't really snowing yesterday but towards the evening the flurries began. This morning I woke up around 6:30 to look out the window and what did I find.....The ground covered in snow. I immediately turned into a panic, but then slowed down to realize that God was going to begin my day with a nice little examination of my faith in him. You see I've NEVER driven in snow, Wes isn't here right now to drive like he normally would and I had to be at PWOC this morning for a meeting. I jumped right into the shower for a nice long talk with God about the circumstances of me attempting to fight the snow "This is how it's going to be" kind of conversation. I spoke to my friend Erin and she encouraged me to "Just Do It!!!" so I decided I would and there was nothing going to stop me. Le I finished getting ready, took a nice little nerve tablet, got Clarke up and ready and off we went. LUCKILY by the time I got in the truck to leave the snow on the roads had already melted. Pshhhh, I felt a little relief. A 10 minute drive to post took me about 25 minutes and the roads weren't even that bad. From looking at the pictures it doesn't look that bad, but for me it seemed like a nightmare. It could have been worse (like it is tonight). I made it to chapel in one piece, back home and back and forth to the chapel again later this evening. I was so proud of myself that I had to call Wes to tell him so he could be proud too. My friends that are from the North think I am absolutely nuts because I am terrified of and hate the snow. That's what you get from a girl that was born and raised in Southeast Alabama!!!!

Now, if the snow sticks like it is tonight then me and Clarke are going to have a mega snowball fight tomorrow morning when he gets up. I can't wait (I do like to play in the snow SOMETIMES). He wanted to play in it this morning but I wouldn't let him. Poor Kid! Hopefully I'll have more photo's to share tomorrow.

P.S. WESLEY'S COMING HOME TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

post signature

3 comments:

Tonja said...

Well, you know here in LA(lower Alabama) the whole city closes down if it even starts to snow...an ice warning sends us all into a panic! A bad thunderstorm is good reason to call off school!

I do not tink I would like to drive in the snow, either. Be careful!

Anonymous said...

You know I had no problem encouraging you. Our buddies from Montana, Ohio, and Michigan can't understand how terrifying snow is for us unexperienced southern belles.

Anonymous said...

Yay Megan drives in the snow!!! At least you did it, others would have just stayed home. That night, I was coming home on the autobahn driving 30 MPH because it was a white out. I couldnt see a thing!

I am proud of you!!!1